Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why all the attitude from people on boards?!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

The Internet is serious business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

skeptik wrote: »
    I'm not talking about AH or having a bit of banter. It's to be expected and it can be a good laugh! But it seems alot of the time when a question is asked or advice is sought on boards people feel the need to give opinions where they aren't needed or think that they know EVERYTHING and that their opinion and advice is THE only advice that should be followed and you're an ass for not already thinking of it. I wonder are these people the ar$eholes they appear to be in real life or is it just the keyboard and anonymity that bring it out?! Boards used to be very handy for some helpful advice from a stranger or finding out something but lately it's just somewhere to be treated like an idiot for not already knowing everything!

..in older times they would have advised you to 'lurk m0ar'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

yeah see you're the very kind I'm talking about. I don't mind a good discussion with different opinions. It's all good. The point is some times people don't want opinions, they want A FACTUAL ANSWER eg: ""yes, you'll get that in Argos." It's the people that come along and say "well why haven't you looked in the Argos catalogue?" that I'm talking about.
    I agree with what your saying,any post asking for advice on any subject will be answered by one or two sane people who will offer constructive well intended advice, then the what i call nitpickers,use any term you want,A**h**es W*****s, arrive at the scene,you know the type 'its actually not actualy' wasters sprouting bull,posting for the sake of posting,they must have a sad lonely frustrated life if the only entertainment they can out of life is to annoy other users,they're on the boards every night,hands hovering over the keyboard,drooling in anticipation at annoying someone else before they have another toss,as you have said yourself,the boards was a great place for advice on just about any subject but a bad attitude has crept on the boards in the last few months and its getting worse,i have no problem with any poster disagreeing with another once it done in an honest constructive manner,but to post to tell an op that their spelling is wrong is out of order.whats the point of it all,if you cant help out in a post just move on and find a subject that your really interested in,also im sure some of my spelling/grammer may not be perfect but who cares,yes we can all spell check but i couldn't be bothered,if you have nothing good to say,say nothing,regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I'm not talking about AH or having a bit of banter. It's to be expected and it can be a good laugh! But it seems alot of the time when a question is asked or advice is sought on boards people feel the need to give opinions where they aren't needed or think that they know EVERYTHING and that their opinion and advice is THE only advice that should be followed and you're an ass for not already thinking of it. I wonder are these people the ar$eholes they appear to be in real life or is it just the keyboard and anonymity that bring it out?! Boards used to be very handy for some helpful advice from a stranger or finding out something but lately it's just somewhere to be treated like an idiot for not already knowing everything!

This post reeks of newbie. Honestly... give it a few months and you'll be joining us. It's like a fungus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

If your looking for help wiki.answers and fixya is an endless source of no info, but you should find your question.

What is the jellybean incident that occurred in 2007 England series?
    www.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110804030528AANqQqm

After that you'll be sure glad of boards

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

phil1nj wrote: »
    You should always ask for only male jelly babies BTW...you get that little bit extra each time.....

2 boobs vs 1 todger..female jellybabies FTW !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Gulp! Someone really forgot to have a good **** before getting out of bed the wrong side this morning.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:)

no such thing as a bad **** FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

I hope you never wander out into the internet, this place is a crèche in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

dj jarvis wrote: »

What if you ruptured your prostrate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Sindri wrote: »

well i dont normally have a finger stuck up my hole when i crack one off

but hang on , ill be back in a minute ...................

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

The internet is a cunt farm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Sindri wrote: »
    dj jarvis wrote: »

Or tore your banjo string...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Biggins wrote: »
    All joking aside.
    1. Thats the net for you.
    2. Thats After Hours especially (besides other possible sections).
    3. If anyone IS genuine, in amid the crappy replies, you will find some gems of answering posts (hopefully).

I agree.

But:

Biggins, please tell me, I know you were inebriated, but how in the hell do you balance IN a pole?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I think of Ah as the melting pot of boards, it's where the most inane retarded posters go because there is nowhere else left for them. In generations to come people will look back at AH and wonder in awe at how we ever managed to turn our computers on to begin with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

foxinsox wrote: »
    I agree.

But:

Biggins, please tell me, I know you were inebriated, but how in the hell do you balance IN a pole?

:pac:

Well if she is willing and adventurous, you have a whole new experience ahead of you! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I used to feel the same way and then figured that the majority of boards is probably made up of 18 to early 20 yr olds, completely opinionated and believe they know it all but give them time and they will learn. So now I just read and think ah god love em :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I notice this as well, a lot of power tripping going on around here and it seems to be copied then by other members, if this forum wasn't Ireland related, i'd never use it!

Advertisement