Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice place to eat near Rathnew?

• 08-03-2012 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

We are staying in Tinakilly in Rathnew in a few weeks and don't want to eat in their restaurant (we have eaten there a few times before and want to try something different). We are looking for a nice pub or restaurant somewhere a short drive away for dinner. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

I would recommend the Wicklow Heather. See : Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Bates in Rathdrum gets decent reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Plenty of good restaurants in Wicklow town too, just down the road.
    Had a meal at Al Mondo there a couple of weeks ago, was €50 for a delicious 4 course meal with a bottle of wine.
    Another one I really enjoy is Penang garden as well. I think their early bird meal might be €16 for 3 courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

another vote for the wicklow heather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

Hunter's lodge, one of the best in Wicklow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 EB1

Hunters, Bates, Penang Garden and very good. El Mondo - OMG..beyond bad and over priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 buzzardflute

EB1 wrote: »
    Hunters, Bates, Penang Garden and very good. El Mondo - OMG..beyond bad and over priced.

The three monkey's in rathnew does really nice food.

Advertisement