Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick bikers

• 08-03-2012 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what ever happened to the biker scene in L imerick,I remember the Reapers who started in the early 80s and later became the Road Tramps,,any of these guys still biking or does Limerick have any mcc nowadays.
    It used to be a great sight watching all the Harleys driving around and parked in rows up Foxes bow.
    Worked with some the reapers in a foundry in the 90s,sound blokes.
    I know that there is a club who drive in the paddys day parade,driving mostly goldwings but are there any other biker left,the ones with the leathers and their colours on the back,long beards loads of tatoos etc,,real bikers??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I see a lot of them down Lord Edward street in the old house thingie thats painted black and white, seems like a bit of a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Buddy's bar, which was just off of Foxes Bow, was the hang out spot for the Road Tramps. Cracking little bar that always had great music.

There are still a number of fully patched biker gangs in Ireland and you will still see groups of them from time to time around Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

Kess73 wrote: »
    Buddy's bar, which was just off of Foxes Bow, was the hang out spot for the Road Tramps. Cracking little bar that always had great music.

There are still a number of fully patched biker gangs in Ireland and you will still see groups of them from time to time around Limerick.
    I remember buddys well indeed,and all the harleys lined up outside,,brought something different to Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

daveob - foundry in the 90's - hmmm been there too, used work in that office (I think) (R.Kennedy ring a bell?)! Used to ride a Bandit 600, no patches tho. Far as I know a lad that I share another sport with is down the Kilfinnan way, patches, beards and rally's still going. You could also try this https://www.facebook.com/shadows.of.evill - Limerick lad runs the page.

LB6

LB6 wrote: »
    daveob - foundry in the 90's - hmmm been there too, used work in that office (I think) (R.Kennedy ring a bell?)! Used to ride a Bandit 600, no patches tho. Far as I know a lad that I share another sport with is down the Kilfinnan way, patches, beards and rally's still going. You could also try this https://www.facebook.com/shadows.of.evill - Limerick lad runs the page.

LB6
    the name rings a bell alright there was a guy who I only knew as Sprocket and a few more,,,I also share your sport and used to go to killfinnane to do it but recent events have put a stop to that for a while at least,,,,,Atlas ring a bell???

• Advertisement

Cripes - Sprocket? I used to call him socket lol but sprocket makes more sense! Yep the one and only Atlas. Rob, used to and still does the custom harleys. Small world!

BTW - If you were down @ Ballyhoura - you'd have met Dave O'Dea. Mad man into his bikes too!

LB6
    D Rainsford,K Plunkett, iwas in that place from 1990-1998 in the linishing area mostly with skinny,g kennedy,k ryan, ring any bells???

Cripes - Sprocket? I used to call him socket lol but sprocket makes more sense! Yep the one and only Atlas. Rob, used to and still does the custom harleys. Small world!

BTW - If you were down @ Ballyhoura - you'd have met Dave O'Dea. Mad man into his bikes too!
    very small,,,,never a biker myself but love looking at some of those works of art custom jobs etc o dea was the man when i was at ballyhoura,,keen biker and the other sport also,,,,,

Really small world. Now your ringing bells with all the names. Bringing back memories. Can't remember K Plunkett tho. Remember Long from the drawing office - he was into the race bikes. I'm still in touch with G Kennedy, his daughter plays in our hockey club. Suppose you know about Damien and Patrice. I was there '86 to '03. Used to compete with DOD in FRC before he set up Ballyhoura.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

I used to go to the odd rally but my bike's been laid up for a few years now, noticed there's a lot less of them about these days too, damn shame. Incidentally I've been looking for a local bike mechanic that isn't gonna fleece me, anyone know anybody around that works on bikes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

AFAIK the Reapers (Road Tramps) are still going. They have a clubhouse just outside Murroe, where you can (or at least used to be able to) sign in for an evening and enjoy cheap drink with the lads.
    I'm sure one of the members, or someone from Murroe, will confirm if they are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KOEK

daveob007 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what ever happened to the biker scene in L imerick,I remember the Reapers who started in the early 80s and later became the Road Tramps,,any of these guys still biking or does Limerick have any mcc nowadays.
    It used to be a great sight watching all the Harleys driving around and parked in rows up Foxes bow.
    Worked with some the reapers in a foundry in the 90s,sound blokes.
    I know that there is a club who drive in the paddys day parade,driving mostly goldwings but are there any other biker left,the ones with the leathers and their colours on the back,long beards loads of tatoos etc,,real bikers??

ya m8 there is alot of bikers in limerick and still active for the 1%ers like the road tramps to the Outlaws there is also alot of MCC's around like Dal Riada MCC An Draiocht Dubh Mcc Buachaill Dana Mcc the guys that ride at paddys day are uselly from the Goldwing owers club and the Blue Knight LEMC, Buddys Bars is long gone but there is a new bar opened before christmas in Foxes Bow Called The Blind Pig Dal Riada MCC An Draiocht Dubh hang out there most days defo on weekends the biker scene is very much alive and well in Limerick its all about looking in the right place hope this helps you brother.

Ride Free Or Die,
    KOEK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

Gneez wrote: »
    I used to go to the odd rally but my bike's been laid up for a few years now, noticed there's a lot less of them about these days too, damn shame. Incidentally I've been looking for a local bike mechanic that isn't gonna fleece me, anyone know anybody around that works on bikes?

Grange Motorcycles in Hospital is a good place to go. Mike Conway is the gaffers name, decent biker lad who'll keep you talking all day and doesn't believe in screwing people. 061 383784 / 087 6691119. He's done a couple of big jobs for me in the last year and I am happy to recommend him. I've been to all the ones in the city and won't be in hurry going back to them, a right mix of incompetents and gangsters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Hey op, saw this on facebook and thought it might interest you.

295401_10150610060171417_533391416_9273325_1192019071_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    AFAIK the Reapers (Road Tramps) are still going. They have a clubhouse just outside Murroe, where you can (or at least used to be able to) sign in for an evening and enjoy cheap drink with the lads.
    I'm sure one of the members, or someone from Murroe, will confirm if they are still there.

Pretty sure they are still there alright. I heard a few bikes heading that direction two seperate weekends a little while back.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

mgbgt1978 wrote: »

Yep, its somewhere near Glenstal. When they're having their parties I can hear them passing my house for hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Gneez wrote: »

+1 for Grange Motorcycles - grand outfit. They look after my bike and don't fleece you. Nice fast road out from Limerick city too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

+ 2 for grange motorcycles...was out there the weekend..sound lads

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭chops1990

Remember Long from the drawing office - he was into the race bikes.

What was Longs full name?

Kieran Long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 annriordan

hi all joe malones was the place aswell for the reapers it used to hop always had great crack there and buddys bar what are the lads up to now when i go home to limk i see kevin ryan aka cool don't think he remembers me i used to wear black leather jacket wit 2 white stripes and the good thing (mike o riordan )was my cousin happy days back then ann or noddy as i was known in caherconlish iwould love to see old photos and the old crest memories memories ann riordan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement