Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid sudocrem container.

Options
  • 08-03-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭

I'd love to have a c hat with whoever decided to make the container for the messiest substance known to man so easy for any child old enough to be curious about what's inside to open.

I mean honestly, the designers must have some kind of warped sense of humour.

Btw, on a related note, does anyone know the best way to get sudocrem out of carpets, suede sofas
    , curtains and clothes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I had similar happen to me with Vaseline, and I got great advice from Mumsnet!

Try this and this!

And good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Akrasia wrote: »
    I'd love to have a c hat ...
    I'll buy you one. What size do you take?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Lol Akrasia.... The joys of discovery :-))

No solution but just a (half interesting) anecdote...

I remember reading something similar a few years back and the reaction to it. Apparently Sudocream did trial a Child-Proof container but it was a disaster. Most people wanted the older one back purely because it could be opened with one hand. Apparently, whilst changing nappies, people don't really prep or tend to have the Sudocream open and ready for use. Therefore, they're stuck there, babies two legs and ar se in the air and no way of opening the jar without letting go of Baby!!

All well and good if you're the organised type or change the Baby in a 'Safe Spot' but in real life nappy changes tend to take place on your lap, in baby-changing toilets and a million places other than the ideal situation so the one handed operation is the most suitable and most popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I heard wd40 is supposed to be great, however ive never tried it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I read your post with a smile on my face thinkin oh so it isn't just me this has happened to. I scraped off the excess with knife and then wiped the surface stuff off with a tea towel moving from the outside in. then on the ground in stuff I scrubbed really hard with vanish mousse. i would say neat fairy liquid would do the job too. when you think about it you kind of have to use neat hand wash to get it off your hands and then water. best of luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

This happened to me with a brand new carpet years ago. I was having no luck with anything so I rang the customer care no on the back of the Vanish spray. She said to scrape up the excess and use WD40 to get the rest off. It worked like a dream and didn't even leave a nasty smell and I didn't have to scrub like a demon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'd love to have a c hat with whoever decided to make the container for the messiest substance known to man so easy for any child old enough to be curious about what's inside to open.

You reminded me of a funny incident that happened to a brother of mind. When he was three, he managed to open a large tub of Sudocrem and he scoffed the lot :D He thought it was icecream.

My poor mother who was eight and a half months pregnant at the time was absolutely distraught when she discovered that he had eaten the contents of the tub, she rushed him to our GP, of course he thought it was hilarious!! Anyway, apart from frequent trips to the bathroom, there was no harm done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Btw, on a related note, does anyone know the best way to get sudocrem out of carpets, suede sofas
    , curtains and clothes?

As soon as I saw the thread title I was laughing already :D

I heard white wine is great, though you have to consume it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i work in a shop and had this bloke try to return a three quaters empty large tub of sudacream because it was impossible to get the rest out. His fingers could't reach the last 1/4 of cream. Im serious. He jumped down my throat. I'll never forget him. OP, i thought you were this bloke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Sudocream now comes in a squuezy tube. I've only seen it in a handful of places though

Advertisement