Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello , There is my first post!

Options
  • 08-03-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hello,

First i dont know if this is the rigth place to post , so,if i wrong excuse me , another important thing, i not native speaker ,so, if i write wrong things excuse me again.

My name is Angelo, and i will go to Galway City in July, i from Belo Horizonte - Minas Gerais - Brazil , i'm a programmer and i study eletric enginnering,i will go to galway to learn english and to learn about irish culture. I will start reading this forum , especially teh Galway city forum, to learn more about the city.. well , thats all for now,

thanks in advance !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi Angelo and welcome to the forum (and the city).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Hey angeloghiotto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 angeloghiotto

Thanks!

There is any facebook page , or group about galway city events or something?!

This forum has all the info you need :D
    Read the thread What's On? and just follow the threads people post. Most, if not all, major happenings will be mentioned here.
    The Gigs/Events forum will also have postings about band and stuff going on in Galway and around Ireland.
    Maybe someone else knows about a facebook page.

Hello, i will need a place to live in galway,i want to rent a room in a house something like that... this is for july... its common in galway?

• Advertisement

Please keep all your questions in this thread, it's easier for you and us.

For rooms in a shared house (everyone shares house with other people here) you can look on Daft www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft
    Daft has a discussions board for questions www.daft.ie/discussions.daft too

Thanks a lot for the Help Biko! , Sorry for things i done wrong, you're so helpful!!

Something you could possibly do is check out couchsurfing.org, where you might be able to find some other people that are traveling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Hello,

First i dont know if this is the rigth place to post , so,if i wrong excuse me , another important thing, i not native speaker ,so, if i write wrong things excuse me again.

My name is Angelo, and i will go to Galway City in July, i from Belo Horizonte - Minas Gerais - Brazil , i'm a programmer and i study eletric enginnering,i will go to galway to learn english and to learn about irish culture. I will start reading this forum , especially teh Galway city forum, to learn more about the city.. well , thats all for now,

thanks in advance !!!

Buenos Dias Amigo! = Howya Luveeeen, in Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Hello, i will need a place to live in galway,i want to rent a room in a house something like that... this is for july... its common in galway?

try http://www.rent.ie/rooms-to-rent/galway/galway-city-centre/ , i have not used it but it looks like a well designed site.

if you want to keep track of the weather here (dull and wet a lot but really nice when the sun appears!!) check http://weather.nuigalway.ie/

and welcome to Galway! ;)

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Welcome to Galway love people from Brazil.
    Are you a man or woman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Welcome to Galway love people from Brazil.
    Are you a man or woman?

Hombre or Senorita?

Hello, thanks for the hospitality, for the help and attention, so , i'm a man, all the infos there will be so helpfull to me, hehehe this forum is amazing... so, do you know others brazillians in galway!?!?

PS:
    There is my facebook page , it will be a pleasure to have the people of forum on my facebook !!
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/angelobersacola

There is/was a big Brazilian population in Gort, a small town less than an hours drive away from the city.
    Many work there in the factories.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

biko wrote: »
    There is/was a big Brazilian population in Gort, a small town less than an hours drive away from the city.
    Little Rio, they even have a carnival festival or used to at least, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

biko wrote: »
    Many work there in the factories.

I have a lot of family from Gort and a few of them had employed Brazilians to clean their houses and stuff and they rarely had anything bad to say about them. The Brazilians are a great bunch!
    Indeed, one of them saved my aunt from having her husbands psycho niece push her down the stairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

welcome angelo! im sure you will love galway. its really nice place to live. not to big,not too small and friendly people! :) always things to see and do! you should check out the Galway Cultural Institute www.gci.ie . its in salthill. seems like it would be a good place to meet people of other nationalities,including your own, and learn a bit about galway etc.

And what about the clothes? its usual to use caps ( hood ) !? cause here in Brazil we dont use this cause the climate are so Hot all the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

its ireland! anything goes :) you will need your hood alot of the time here. haha

Hello, I'm from Brazil and i will go to galway as i said in my first post so, i was reading posts in the forum and i cant understant properly what is "stag" and "hen" it guys or girls go out together ? can anyone explain what is it to me? thanks in advance!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

It's basically one night where they celebrate and party before a wedding, boys go and have a stag night and girls have a hen night.

If you're looking for places to go and things to do on a stag/hen night in Galway there's a sticky at the top of the forum for it :)

thanks a lot guy !!!!, It save a lot of time, and save me for shame in the future kkkkkkkkkkkk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

No problem :)

Hello People, i have followed the Forum since March ( My presentation post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056571772 )getting infos about the city and etc.. so now i'm 26 days to go to Galway City and i will arive in Thursday , so my first full day in galway will be one friday and i want to know, where i should go FIRST ( Obvious dont tell me to go to immigration service to getting my documents heheheh ) to have fun i meet some people and know the city :) , thanks.

I think i do the wrong thing again, i should post in the frist post i have oppen, right biko?! Sorry :|

No problem. Threads merged.

I suggest you go to Roisin Dubh
    Band list www.roisindubh.net/listings.html

Someone can help me find where is this address, i'm confused :

Ardan Mhuire
    Cappagh Road
    Galway

I've tryed to find it on google maps, so i can find the Road , but i cant see where exactly is this house in the road....
    There is where i will live for the first month :)

Sometimes house names aren't show on the map. Is it a private house or a B&B?

There is a B&B with that name on Knocknacarra Rd?
    www.ardmhuire.com

No is a Family House...

• Advertisement

Someone else can help me!?!

Advertisement