Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello , There is my first post!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Best thing is to get a Taxi on your first day and let them find it. At least you won't be wandering up and down the road trying to find the house. Other option would be to get somebody from the house to collect you on your first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'd think someone from the family would pick him up at the station, having travelled all the way from Brazil.

angeloghiotto, mail/ring family and ask exactly where on Cappagh road the house is. Mailing is best so you can print the directions.

How do you arrive into Galway, train/bus? If the family will not pick you up at the station I will pick you myself and drive you to their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 angeloghiotto

Thanks a lot Biko , i will do it !!! I will ring/mail my host family and ask for him to pick me, if they cant and if i cant find any way to go home i will ask for you awesome help hehehehe , thanks for the help guys !!!

Probably i will by bus from Dublin Airport to Galway.

Exists any bus to get me to the Cappagh road?

Thanks again Biko, you're so helpful!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »
    angeloghiotto, mail/ring family and ask exactly where on Cappagh road the house is. Mailing is best so you can print the directions.

Ahh ... even with email, if the host family are Irish, the response you get could be a bit, umm, vague.

I'll be kind and say that sometimes Irish people find it challenging to give precise, concise directions, because they're not used to roads having names, and houses having numbers. (And some still don't, in surprisingly urban areas.)

Re your question about the bus, Biko was correct today.

But from tomorrow (arrgh, it's past midnight, make it today) 2 July, the correct bus is the number is 411. (Same bus, same route, just a new number.)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Hi Angelo

Lots of Brazileiros here, My wife is Brazilian, so I know quite a few about.

message me if you need any help.

JustMarry, i will try to ask for more information about the localization of the house, but if i dont get i will follow biko's tip hehe i will go to the road and call him to get me at some part of the road.

MattKid, seriously!? nice !!! hehehe "Brasileiros" are the best lovers hehehehhsu , look i remeber this shirt:

282219_410226349016251_1531741231_n.jpg

hehusah they missing at heavens part : "And the beer are Irish" hhehehe

What is " ( x ) " ?!

You are referring to "I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City"?
    "x" is something unknown.
    That thread is used for anything small you're looking for, like spoons or curtains or batteries or anything really that you want to buy but don;t know what shop to get it in.

• Advertisement

Hello, i was on the city rigth now, and i want to do something tomorrow, can anyone tell me what can i go?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

Hello, i was on the city rigth now, and i want to do something today, can anyone tell me what can i go?!

Welcome to Galway! If you want to hear some Irish music you can try the "Crane bar" om Sea Road off Dominick Street. There is usually a "session" upstairs - a session is what we we call a small Irish music concert.

Ha my mistake I thought you wanted something to do now! Lesson number 1 Dont ask Irish people difficult questions on a saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Jazz in 'Busker Brownes'. Theatre in 'The Townhouse'. A market on 'Market Street'. All above happening around 12.30pm. All are in the Quay Street area so just ask anybody local and they will direct you. Or just pop into Neactains pub and you will easily find locals who will tell you what to do.

Cool, welcome to the city :)

Advertisement