Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pizza related question

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    I don't get it, I just don't get this obsession with pizza? Is it 'cause you all watched too much teenage mutant ninja turtles or what? Is it caused by marketing from other U.S. sources? This obsession is almost ceratinly coming from the U.S.
    I don't mind pizza now and again but there are loads of other foods / dinners that are ten times nicer and just as easy to make.
    As for take away food, give me an Indian over pizza any day.

mmmm....shepherds pie.

It's not an obsession. It is a personal preference. Some people really like pizza, simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I don't get it, I just don't get this obsession with pizza? Is it 'cause you all watched too much teenage mutant ninja turtles or what? Is it caused by marketing from other U.S. sources? This obsession is almost ceratinly coming from the U.S.
    I don't mind pizza now and again but there are loads of other foods / dinners that are ten times nicer and just as easy to make.
    As for take away food, give me an Indian over pizza any day.

mmmm....shepherds pie.

Are you talking about Goodfellas or some other ****e, or actual proper pizza?

It's like saying "I don't like that dolmio bolognese, spag bol must be ****e so".

It's ludicrously easy to make really good pizza.
    Invest in a pizza stone. Buy raw dough (or even better, make it!).
    It's also simple to make pizza sauce.
    A bit of practice needed to get a pizza just right (not too soggy, not too dry, the base cooked enough).

If you're cooking a thin-base pizza then you'll be cooking at high temperature (as high as your oven goes) for a small amount of time. It'll easily cook any raw rashers, sausages etc on your pizza.

There's a few random places I've been to that do magnificent pizza's - Ballymore Inn, Ballymore Eustace, Co. Wicklow and the Sober Lane in Cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

I don't get it, I just don't get this obsession with pizza? Is it 'cause you all watched too much teenage mutant ninja turtles or what? Is it caused by marketing from other U.S. sources?
    It's not an obsession. It is a personal preference. Some people really like pizza, simple as that.

And it is a thread about pizza. Not sure that we could be considered pizza junkies! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

FatherLen wrote: »
    i have just put a pizza into the oven but i wasn't satisfied with the amount of meat

you should hook up with tubby's obese wife now he is leaving her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i wonder does lsd cure pizza addiction too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

you should hook up with tubby's obese wife now he is leaving her.

NO! SHE IS MINE, NOW!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Best compliment to any frozen pizza is half a jar of sliced jalapeno's ....... hot hot hot!

Although I heard about this the other night and I'm intrigued , PIZZA CRUNCH

No prizes for guessing what nation came up with the idea to deep fry it nor for guessing what nation jumped on the idea!

check this ....

Some of my friends tried this in Glasgow - it looked MANKY! I declined to taste it. According to one of the Yorkshire lads "It were fucking disgusting!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Some of my friends tried this in Glasgow - it looked MANKY! I declined to taste it. According to one of the Yorkshire lads "It were fucking disgusting!"

Aye but them Glaswegians will eat anything hot to keep warm given their climateup there lol

As for the Yorkshire lads (I'm a frequent visitor to Sheffield) they have a more discerning pallette .....

"Da nos' 'T'aint reet that, 'kin sooner eat gravel for nowt!,get ya sen off 'ome ya daft bugger,bloody pizza crunch!!,I'll gi ya a 'pizza crunch' eeee I dont know some people t'day I tell thee"

But curiousity still has me wanting to try it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Gbear wrote: »
    Are you talking about Goodfellas or some other ****e, or actual proper pizza?

It's like saying "I don't like that dolmio bolognese, spag bol must be ****e so".

It's ludicrously easy to make really good pizza.
    Invest in a pizza stone. Buy raw dough (or even better, make it!).
    It's also simple to make pizza sauce.
    A bit of practice needed to get a pizza just right (not too soggy, not too dry, the base cooked enough).

If you're cooking a thin-base pizza then you'll be cooking at high temperature (as high as your oven goes) for a small amount of time. It'll easily cook any raw rashers, sausages etc on your pizza.

There's a few random places I've been to that do magnificent pizza's - Ballymore Inn, Ballymore Eustace, Co. Wicklow and the Sober Lane in Cork city.

Any kind of pizza be it home made, shop bought or from a good restaurant. Of course home made is far nicer and I've had it but I still don't get it, how people rave about pizza?
    And when they argue about domino's over pizza hut, I have to leave the room as I could easily lose the canopy! They are both shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Some buck from Mayo who I used to room with passed on this recipe to me. Toast 5-6 slices of bread, Melt cheese and pour onto bread. Choose toppings and apply onto your base, 5 mins in oven at low temp. Voila, ready made slices of home made pizza. That's probably the greatest life skill I acquired from college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

All this Pizza talk reminded me of this gem ......

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭El Jefe

i have just put a pizza into the oven but i wasn't satisfied with the amount of meat on it first so i put a few raw rashers on it....

am i going to get food poisoning or a delicious pizza?

Surely you cant be that stupid

Mod note: user banned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

You're gonna have indigestion the next day proabably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

You probably should have par-cooked them first...

Par-cooked.... F*ck me ive been saying Power-cooked for years... Why has no one corrected me on this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I once BBQ'd a Goodfella's pizza. You lose some of the toppings, but tastes damn good.
    (Only turn it over the once)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

now i know how those women on facebook who post pictures of their baby feel.

its glorious

It's kinda burnt... :p
    If you were Australian, you would have put an egg on it as well.

Crazy Aussies!

Egg is the nicest pizza topping! Fiorentina pizza, oh yum.
    cml387 wrote: »
    Plus 1000 on that. Pineapple has no place on
    On a Hawaiian pizza it sure does.
    I don't get it, I just don't get this obsession with pizza?

Because it's delicious, 'nuff said,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Any kind of pizza be it home made, shop bought or from a good restaurant. Of course home made is far nicer and I've had it but I still don't get it, how people rave about pizza?
    And when they argue about domino's over pizza hut, I have to leave the room as I could easily lose the canopy! They are both shíte.

Pizza lends itself to being fast food because, err.. it cooks quickly. That and it doesn't require much skill to make.

In a country like Ireland we don't have much of a gourmet culture; you get the likes of Dominoes or Four Star as a result. In France or Italy the same niche is filled by far superiour quality of pizza but it's basically consumed in the same way.

Even bad pizza's nice though, so it's no wonder it's popular pretty much everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

unbelieveable that this thread has 70 responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Chinasea wrote: »
    unbelieveable that this thread has 70 responses.

there is an entire forum dedicated to mustard if you're interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement