Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

**DRIVING TEST** tomorrow morning..... Mirrors?????

Options
  • 08-03-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Have my driving test tomorrow morning in Finglas test centre and for my pre test i got 10 faults so yeah fail!! Really want to pass 1st time but so worried!! As you can see the reults sheet on my other posts.

When doing the reverse around a corner, can you tilt your left wing mirror down towards the kerb to get a better view or is this aloud and shoul I ask him first? Also dod I have to indicate?

When appling for a full licence what do I need? (Application form like the learner permit?) Thanks! :)

Comments

I was also worried about the reversing, until I got blind spot mirrors! I got them in Fairyhouse market for 2 for €2.

Although, since you need them tomorrow, this look like the one I got.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_170315_langId_-1_categoryId_212357

With the blind spot mirror, you can see the path as you reverse around the corner ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Yes, you can tilt your mirror down if you want, but remember two things:

Your left wing mirror is not your main form of observation during the reverse - it should only be checked occasionally - your main focus will be looking out the back window. Look out the back window, glancing at the left wing mirror periodically as you do the maneuvre - this is because there are a lot of hazards (e.g. small children running behind your car) that you won't see in a left mirror.

If you do tilt your mirror, remember to put it back when you are finished - this is a common mistake, and you will be faulted for mirrors if you don't change it back before resuming 'normal driving'.

To apply for full licence, you need learner permit, certificate of competency (which you get when you pass), €25 fee, two passport photos signed at the back, and the relevant form filled out - you can get these forms at the motor tax office, but often the tester will give it to you when you pass (they don't have to, though!)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

FAILED my test today just because I went through an orange light so the tester gave me a grade 3!! Only got 4 grade 2's so I would have passed...really pissed off now but I have re applied and the rsa are picking the date for me so that could be a month away! Thanks everyone for the help.

FAILED my test today just because I went through an orange light so the tester gave me a grade 3!! Only got 4 grade 2's so I would have passed...really pissed off now but I have re applied and the rsa are picking the date for me so that could be a month away! Thanks everyone for the help.
    Unlucky! On my test I went through two amber lights. Only got marked for one of them, as I should have went through it!

The second one, I didn't even try to stop as I knew I was too close to them.

Hopefully you'll pass next time. I would suggest getting blind spot mirror, I still use them, and find them very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Sorry to hear OP. I was rooting for you. Second time lucky I hope!

• Advertisement
Advertisement