Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT options?

Options
  • 08-03-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a bit of a cross roads in my life, not really sure of what route to take but there is something that does interest me and that is computers

I'm 25 now but when I was 18-20 (can't remember exact age I was) but I did an IT course in Tipperary institute and got on very badly but not because of the main subject per say but because of the teachers and other secondary subjects

Basically I found the course badly run and would put me off going near Tipp inst again

I'm not sure of the area I want to go in computers but an area that has plenty of jobs.

When I did the course in tipp inst I did find Java very very hard to understand but I'm unsure do I want to go down that route again but I'm very much have gown up a lot since then and don't want to waste my life anymore so maybe I could give java a go again, I'm not sure

I dont mind travelling or staying near the college so any advice would be very much appreciated please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Headshot wrote: »
    I'm a bit of a cross roads in my life, not really sure of what route to take but there is something that does interest me and that is computers

I'm 25 now but when I was 18-20 (can't remember exact age I was) but I did an IT course in Tipperary institute and got on very badly but not because of the main subject per say but because of the teachers and other secondary subjects

Basically I found the course badly run and would put me off going near Tipp inst again

I'm not sure of the area I want to go in computers but an area that has plenty of jobs.

When I did the course in tipp inst I did find Java very very hard to understand but I'm unsure do I want to go down that route again but I'm very much have gown up a lot since then and don't want to waste my life anymore so maybe I could give java a go again, I'm not sure

I dont mind travelling or staying near the college so any advice would be very much appreciated please

What about trying to complete the Oracle Certified Java Programmer course and exam?

Seems to be quite a lot of work in this area at the moment.

Advertisement