Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone into Slope Soaring?

Options
  • 08-03-2012 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I want to give this a go this weekend in the Dublin mountains as the weather looks good for it. Has anyone given this a go and where is a good spot?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I'd think 90% of my flying is on the slopes.
    The long flights are really nice.

You can get directions to the model slope soaring locations HERE
    Pay most attention to the main ones: Kilakee west, Kilakee north, Lacken, Glencree, and Wicklow Gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Hi,

We are in Keelakee most Saturdays, weather permitting of course!
    Tomorrow is looking good! (Maybe some low clouds... But that will not stop us!). I will not be there tomorrow :mad: but feel free to join the lads up there.
    Most people arrive at around 2 ish.

Fred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Thanks lads. While I've been flying a few years now, ive never tried slope soaring. However it's a whole new discipline I want to try. I'll be bringing my Parkzone Radian glider and my Kinetic (multiplex Merlin clone) with me. Hope I'll be bringing them home too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

I might be able to come after all! :) I should be back early enough from the midlands to go flying. :)

Advertisement