Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble at work advice plz

Options
  • 08-03-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ok i have a new boss at work and noone can get along with him.he has cussed me twice.and im starting to get depressed over the situation,and when i try to talk to him about it he denies it completely.well today he sent me home mad b/c i said i was thinking about putting in applications,and i wasnt even talking to him i was on my cellphone and he creeped up behind me and listened.well i would just quit but they have me under a contract for two diesel certification schools they sent me to.the contracts are for 1 year.but i was just wanting you guys input on if i should just pack it up and go.or stay and try to tough it out.i have been told that the contract would not hold up in court if i was fired.and another thing they have us on flat rate/piece work.we have almost no work right now.we all work 40 hours a week but only get paid around 15 to 20 a week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

they have me under a contract for two diesel certification schools they sent me to.the contracts are for 1 year.
    I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by "under a contract for two diesel certification schools they sent me to". Could you explain?
    we all work 40 hours a week but only get paid around 15 to 20 a week.
    What does your contract say regarding the amount of hours you have to work (minimum/maximum?).

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

oo sry lol the contract states that if i leave i have to pay back the cost of the school,the food,the room,and the money they paid me to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

oo sry lol the contract states that if i leave i have to pay back the cost of the school,the food,the room,and the money they paid me to be there.
    That sounds really odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

the_syco wrote: »
    That sounds really odd.

Not really, it is common enough when a company pay for an expensive course, it is to stop the employee jumping ship as soon as the company trains them.

And it will stand up if you signed up for it, like any contract, the ony question is will they bother chasing it.

Advertisement