Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels Cork City

Options
  • 08-03-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    Whick is most central/nicest hotel,Clarion or Jurys Inn?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Jurys inn, jurys inn is usually very reasonable and comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

One behind the other; few minutes walk from the main spots. Clarion much nicer.

The Clarion is classes nicer than Jurys Inn, exponentially more impressive imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭aston

Thanks
    heading down for weekend,first timer in langer town....
    Is clarion very central?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

It is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

RoverJames wrote: »
    The Clarion is classes nicer than Jurys Inn, exponentially more impressive imo.

Also ALOT more expensive

What bout The River Lee Hotel?
    Is it far out?

booboo88 wrote: »
    Also ALOT more expensive

The chap DIDN'T ask which was more expensive :)

The River Lee hotel is under a mile from City Centre.

20 quid more..im sure its worth it tho..

aston wrote: »
    20 quid more..im sure its worth it tho..

Best €20 you ever spent :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Love the River Lee Hotel its gorgeous, then the Clarion (you may not get parking if busy and I think you might have to pay too) and Id never recommend jurys Inn tbh. Horrible hotel in a horrible area of town.
    Enjoy your trip!!:D

Cadyboo wrote: »
    ................. then the Clarion (you may not get parking if busy and I think you might have to pay too) and Id never recommend jurys Inn tbh. Horrible hotel in a horrible area of town.
    Enjoy your trip!!:D

Hotel residents are not charged for parking, I used the gym there for two or three years, never was it fully full in my experience :)

Chancing the clarion,if jury's in a horrible area I take it clarion is too,are they not beside each other?
    Any good pubs to watch the rugby with good Guinness??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Chancing the clarion,if jury's in a horrible area I take it clarion is too,are they not beside each other?
    Any good pubs to watch the rugby with good Guinness??
    There's a homeless shelter roughly between them. Winos tend to hang around the back of the Clarion (car park entrance) and front of Jury's (riverfront). Most pubs will have the rugby and Guinness - and its superior Southern cousins Murphy's and Beamish. ;)

Jeez rough enuf so!!thanks for all the info guys..

Jeez rough enuf so!!thanks for all the info guys..

Pedestrian access to the Clarion from the South Mall is not too bad at all. It's nothing at all to be concerned about imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

RoverJames wrote: »
    Hotel residents are not charged for parking, I used the gym there for two or three years, never was it fully full in my experience :)

We stayed for a work night and it was around xmas Ill admit but they were telling us that there was no parking! I was not moving as I was a resident. Wasn't sure if we paid or not, thanks for that.

OP the Clarion is fine the back of that hotel is to the homeless shelter and the staff are lovely in there and have a great residents bar. Last time I was at a party it was bright when I was going home! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Imperial Hotel, South Mall (4 star) and Gresham Metropole (3 Star) NcCurtain Street are both city centre.

Well never made in the end,plan to go in a few weeks,think I'll go for river lee,thank for all the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Now that is a hotel with parking problems ! but the hotel is nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

i know im just being lazy here but what kind of prices are we talking for a night in jurys or the clarion? I've always recomended the metropole as i thought it was good value for a decent hotel...

Advertisement