Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoot Interview Thread

• 08-03-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭

Do many people here watch shoot interviews?

I've watched a good few over the past years but have found it largely hit or miss with most of them. The Youshoot series is quite good though.

London and Kendricks is absolutely quality as they clearly couldn't care less about getting back with the WWE though Kendrick may want back in now :D

Are there any particularly good ones out there, with some decent stories/drama in them?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I remember listening to the audio from a Punk/Joe one which had me in stitches; two guys with a tonne of chemistry telling really funny stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,236 ✭✭✭✭briany

The Wrestling Channel used to show one a week during it's existence and I greatly looked forward to them. Jake Roberts, Jim Cornette, Vince Russo, Paul Bearer, Iron Sheik, Honky Tonk Man are all great story tellers but you can't really go wrong with any of ones from the classic WWF and attitude eras. There's lots up for sale on the RF video site and plenty on YT but you'll have to dig around.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

watch Kayfabe Commentaries and their You-Shoot ones. their one with Maria Kanellis is probably the best, it's up on Dailymotion somewhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Id wager that I've seen 95%+ of them.

Depends what you want (entertainment or Wrestling as serious business discussion) and the era you want to hear about. You really need to drill down as there is a massive proliferation of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Have watched the YouShoots with X-Pac,Perry Saturn and Maria and they were all fairly good,as well as some random ones with a messed up William Regal,Kevin Kelly,DDP,and a few others.

Colt Cabana's podcast is fairly shoot-like and is updated weekly,he's interviewed Punk,Bryan Danielson,Mick Foley,Beth Phoenix,Dolph Ziggler and loads of other wrestlers too,well worth a listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm interested in ones where the interviewee isn't afraid to dish some dirt or ones with just good stories.

I remember enjoying the James Mitchell as it had great stories, Joe/Punk was good also. I have a lot of ROH ones I got as part of grab bag deals that I've never watched like Percy Pringle/Francine and a few others. I might chance the Francine one over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Not exactly shoot interviews in the normal sense, but anything with Raven is class.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Not exactly shoot interviews in the normal sense, but anything with Raven is class.

Until he started doing too many. But his RF Video shoots are brilliant Vol 1 & 2 and the like 3 1/2 parts of the Secrets of the Ring series.

Just watched Dave Taylor's Highspots (dat cam!) shoot interview and I'd highly recommend it.Such a funny,genuine guy and his story's are great.

The download worked out at about €8 too which is pretty good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I've been watching a good one with Bam Bam Bigelow that goes on for 3 hours recently, and it's pretty good. Tells some pretty funny stories about the early 1990s in the WWF. Talks about the Kliq, Luna, Vader, etc. Worth a view for any fans of his. It's on You Tube there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

New Jack's youshoot = Best. Ever.

Anyone know any channels on youtube that have full shoot interviews uploaded?

They can be hard to find.

CM Punk shoot interview from around 2002/2003 - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpg41q_cm-punk-shoot-interview-part-1_sport?search_algo=2

(Other parts are in the related videos.)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Recently watched Brian kendrick and Paul londons excellent adventures, anybody who hasn't seen it must watch it now! It's brilliant, pretty much just them gettin high and drunk bitching about people and telling hilarious stories,Pure gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

sockmo wrote: »
    Recently watched Brian kendrick and Paul londons excellent adventures, anybody who hasn't seen it must watch it now! It's brilliant, pretty much just them gettin high and drunk bitching about people and telling hilarious stories,Pure gold.

link or is it on youtube? what to search for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

montyrebel wrote: »
    link or is it on youtube? what to search for?

look up xwt on google.

Bella twins RF shoot was surprisingly decent,the latest Sunny one before she went into rehab was muck though.

Bella twins RF shoot was surprisingly decent,the latest Sunny one before she went into rehab was muck though.

I'm about halfway through now myself, they seem like they'd actually be good craic. Daniel Bryan definitely picked the better looking of the two aswell!

I saw the New Jack/Balls Mahoney face off the other day and it was hilariously bad. Just a mess with lots of shouting and it's such an obvious work. They had a "cop" do a search on each of them before it begins and they pull a massive machete out of New Jack's pants :P

I do feel a little sorry for Balls though, he's a bit crazy but seems like he's a decent guy.

I think I mentioned it yesterday, but Kevin Steen just filmed one as part of his SMV Best on the Indies dvd. I reckon it'll be good, Steen doesn't seem the kind to pull punches and I'd love his thoughts on Davey Richards!

Yeah but the one with the bigger chest seems much more wild than Bryan's one,which makes sense obviously!

Watched "Timeline 99 - Val Venis" recently

Not great to be honest. Didn't learn anything I didn't already know and he sat on the fence with most answers.

The story about Al Snow giving out his mobile number on Raw was funny though.

Anyone have any recommendations for some of the better shoots?

• Advertisement

This looks like it could be decent:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,236 ✭✭✭✭briany

This looks like it could be decent:

Lot of time for Lanny in any interview he does. He just seems like a well adjusted person who's in a good place in his own life, personally and financially. He played it smart, unlike some contemporaries from his heyday. At the same time, he's not afraid to air his views honestly but he does so articulately , like you would expect The Genius to, and with an even temperament.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

I quite enjoy the Guest Booker & Timeline series from Kayfabe Commentaries.

Vince Russo did a few since leaving TNA. I enjoyed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

The new Kevin Steen shoot on Smart Mark Video was really good, enjoyed watching it. Nothing particularly shocking other than a small story that makes Punk sound super weird and a massive douche.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    The new Kevin Steen shoot on Smart Mark Video was really good, enjoyed watching it. Nothing particularly shocking other than a small story that makes Punk sound super weird and a massive douche.

Yeah it was very good. Strange though that SMV and Highspots both released one within the same week. Good for Kevin though I guess!

The story regarding Punk really made him sound like a knob alright. Surprised no one put him in his place in the ring or anything like that.

SMV's shoots are a cut above the rest I find. They're properly mic'd up for one and they're not afraid to ask the tough questions. At least it's not like the RF one's where every question is seemingly "Memories of working with...."

Come on yous have to give us the Punk story after bringing it up :D

Come on yous have to give us the Punk story after bringing it up :D

Basically Punk was giving Steen some crap about wearing a T-Shirt in the ring. A little while later at an ROH event, Punk gets on the PA and says "Kevin Steen, this is God; you're a pro wrestler, don't wear a T-Shirt."

They meet later on in the day and Steen says to him, "So you're God now?" and Punk responds with "Pfft, I've always been" and walks away.

Later on, Steen has his match and doesn't wear a T-Shirt for it, when he gets to the back afterwards, Punk just stares at him. So Steen says, "Are ya happy now?" which results in Punk roaring him out of it in front of everyone and essentially making a big spectacle out of it.

Written down, it doesn't sound like a huge deal, but the way it's described really makes Punk to sound like a proper dick. Apparently, a lot of people went to Steen after it and told him not to worry and that Punk was just like that.

Palo Alto wrote: »

Watched both the Smarkmark one and the Highspots one. Huge Steen fan so I am an easy sell. Neither will appeal to non-indy fans as you probably need to know who and what he is talking about. But he is great storyteller in terms of setting the scene and describing the personalities involved. The Highspots one is a good snapshot while the Smarkmark one is a lot more extensive however he took forever discussing his early days on the Montreal indies. Kevin is one of the smartest wrestlers in the industry, in terms of speaking out his gimmick is that he doesn't give a **** but in real life he doesn't give a **** either. Very little repeat material between the two.

Oddly the audio I listened to the Thursday before both shoots was probably the most revealing: http://digitalcolt.com/product/colt-cabana-art-of-wrestling-premium-vol-1 Colt interviewing Steen earlier this year. Which Kevin spoke about his family life and how hard it is to live comfortably even when you reach his level on the indies. Real life seems to be dictating his career too. He has a young son with likely autism and a wife in college. He can only work weekends as his wife can't cope with how difficult their son can be for days on end. He had an offer to work Japan for 9 months out of the year for Dragon Gate but can't leave his family for aforementioned reasons. He also talks about how much weight he gained partly from being house bound with his son and part his own lazyiness/lack of motivation. He thinks the opportunity of WWE has past him by but then in next minute he is saying he could get into shape but simply doesn't for reasons even he doesn't understand.

In other words not a simple fat boy is fat story as people thought. Interesting stuff.
    Basically Punk was giving Steen some crap about wearing a T-Shirt in the ring. A little while later at an ROH event, Punk gets on the PA and says "Kevin Steen, this is God; you're a pro wrestler, don't wear a T-Shirt."

They meet later on in the day and Steen says to him, "So you're God now?" and Punk responds with "Pfft, I've always been" and walks away.

Later on, Steen has his match and doesn't wear a T-Shirt for it, when he gets to the back afterwards, Punk just stares at him. So Steen says, "Are ya happy now?" which results in Punk roaring him out of it in front of everyone and essentially making a big spectacle out of it.

Written down, it doesn't sound like a huge deal, but the way it's described really makes Punk to sound like a proper dick. Apparently, a lot of people went to Steen after it and told him not to worry and that Punk was just like that.

What Cherry_Cola said. Also it was implied Gabe Sabolsky put Punk to it too.

Yeah he comes across as a really down to earth guy. It was great to hear him speak about how he enjoys speaking to intelligent fans to get their opinions on things. It was hilarious too the way he described the typical Matt Hardy fan :D.

Interesting too that he named his son after Owen Hart.

• Advertisement

Yeah he comes across as a really down to earth guy. It was great to hear him speak about how he enjoys speaking to intelligent fans to get their opinions on things.

Also I knew everyone he is was talking about including ones mentioned indirectly. :o

rovert wrote: »
    Also I knew everyone he is was talking about including ones mentioned indirectly. :o

I recognised some of the names from IWS alright and am going to try and track down some of their DVDs. Pretty crazy to hear the owner is in jail for running guns.

Yeah I listened to Steen's 'Premium Colt'' interview a few months back and he struck me as a really genuine,smart lad.Not much of an indy fan myself but I have watched a few matches of his since then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Sure everyone has seen this before but it's great. You can really feel his hatred for the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Stay away from the Chyna Youshoot. The biggest load of crap ever. Had to turn it off.

She simply refuses to answer ANY questions. Shrugs it off saying "I dunno" in that annoying little voice of her's. Sean from youshoot had to of been pissed because she was more than willing to take the money. But not answer any questions.

Stay away from the Chyna Youshoot. The biggest load of crap ever. Had to turn it off.

She simply refuses to answer ANY questions. Shrugs it off saying "I dunno" in that annoying little voice of her's. Sean from youshoot had to of been pissed because she was more than willing to take the money. But not answer any questions.

Exact same.

I found it on Dailymotion and even though I was watching it for free I turned it off at around part 4 of 10.

Really bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Does Cornette do his podcast anymore? A couple of years back he used to come on with a guy every week and talk about the current product. I've forgotten the name of the show.

Does Cornette do his podcast anymore? A couple of years back he used to come on with a guy every week and talk about the current product. I've forgotten the name of the show.

He doesn't. He wanted to change his public image why was revealed when a media outlet bought Ring of Honor and he was put in a upper management position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I love the episode of that podcast where he's talking about going through the Canadian border.

I thought it would be a good idea to start a separate thread form the video thread for shoot interviews.

Any time you come across a good shoot interview on youtube you can post it in here. Some are hard to find because they're put up under different titles so they wont be taken down.

Usually the shoot interviews that highspots upload on youtube are unavailable to watch over here because you have to pay to watch them on youtube but the past week or so its been letting me watch them for free for some reason.

Heres 3 good ones from that channel (They take a few seconds to load after you press play)

Scott Hall

Brian Kendrick and Paul London

Kurt Angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

merging this with the previous one

• Advertisement

This is more of a discussion thread on shoots though?

Thought it would be better to have a different "Post a shoot thread"

Whatever you think is best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

I thought it would be a good idea to start a separate thread form the video thread for shoot interviews.

Any time you come across a good shoot interview on youtube you can post it in here. Some are hard to find because they're put up under different titles so they wont be taken down.

Usually the shoot interviews that highspots upload on youtube are unavailable to watch over here because you have to pay to watch them on youtube but the past week or so its been letting me watch them for free for some reason.

Heres 3 good ones from that channel (They take a few seconds to load after you press play)
    Thanks for that their is also some PWG shows on that channel too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I don't want to start splitting up the videos thread into more video threads, especially since vids go down quickly. We'll see how it goes anyway :)

Just found this blokes channel.

He has a few recent shoots uploaded (All under different titles so they wont be taken down) like Jesse Ventura, Stevie Richards, Renee Dupree, Sunny and Youshoot: Kevin Nash. Theres a few older ones on there as well like Lance Storm and Youshoot: Honky Tonk Man

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFl45BcEvfZfxCRuliUdJig?feature=watch

Enjoying the Jesse Ventura shoot so far.

The interviewer is an idiot though. Sounds like he did little to no research before the interview getting a lot of stuff wrong that Jesse has to keep correcting him on.

Interviewer at the end of the interview - "Would you like to go into the WWE hall of fame some day?"

Jesse - "I already am. Went in in 2004"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Just found this blokes channel.

He has a few recent shoots uploaded (All under different titles so they wont be taken down) like Jesse Ventura, Stevie Richards, Renee Dupree, Sunny and Youshoot: Kevin Nash. Theres a few older ones on there as well like Lance Storm and Youshoot: Honky Tonk Man

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFl45BcEvfZfxCRuliUdJig?feature=watch

the titles he gives them are funny like More Misery for Ole Anderson and Lies from the Road for the Sunny shoot

Like the a previous poster mentioned I first saw shoot interviews on TWC and was interested ever since , some that surprised me was ken Patera's ROH shoot which was very good even though having never seen him as a wrestler growing up

I watched the Ole Anderson shoot on your mans channel a few days ago (The more up to date Ole shoot)

Hes a bitter man but it made for an entertaining shoot.

I cant remember the quote exactly but he was talking about arguing with a booker about some angle. The booker wanted to do the angle just because no one would see it coming so the audience would be surprised but Ole disagreed with him doing the angle just because people wont see it coming.

"Next week Ill go down to the ring, pull down my pants and take a **** in the middle of the ring. The people will never see it coming but it wont draw any money!"

:P

some that surprised me was ken Patera's ROH shoot which was very good even though having never seen him as a wrestler growing up

Ill have to check that out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Anyone else recommend any good shoot interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Enjoying the Jesse Ventura shoot so far.

The interviewer is an idiot though. Sounds like he did little to no research before the interview getting a lot of stuff wrong that Jesse has to keep correcting him on.

Yeah, him and the Highspots bloke are as bad as each other. just a couple of clueless dopes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement