Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who can do work for plantation?

Options
  • 08-03-2012 10:03pm
    Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

hello,

had a forest company visit me today who said he would push approval through and if I did go ahead, I would have to do nothing and they would do everything.
    I understand they get a grant for this. How much is this grant? and must they do everything (ie fencing and drainage) or can i do part of it? If I do how does the grant split? The place is pretty well fenced and needs little work. If they did the fencing, would there be a rebate to me for all the recent fencing I have already done there?

Thanks a lot,

Eamon

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭eamon11

anyone have an idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

eamon11 wrote: »
    hello,

had a forest company visit me today who said he would push approval through and if I did go ahead, I would have to do nothing and they would do everything.
    I understand they get a grant for this. How much is this grant? and must they do everything (ie fencing and drainage) or can i do part of it? If I do how does the grant split? The place is pretty well fenced and needs little work. If they did the fencing, would there be a rebate to me for all the recent fencing I have already done there?

Thanks a lot,

Eamon
    http://www.teagasc.ie/forestry/docs/financial_info/forestrygrantrates_2011.pdf
    No idea of anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Moocifer

Grant rate depends on the type of trees planted. What usually happens is the forestry companies do all the work and then claim the grant. The forest owner then gets a premium every year for 15 to 20 years depending on if their a farmer or not.

Advertisement