Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silent hill downpour

Options
  • 08-03-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Is anyone looking forward to this?
    Its slated as being out next Friday on zavvi and deepdiscount.com but no one else has a date.
    I think it be worth a play through but not 60 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

60eu?! Is it some sort of collection edition?

Still, worst silent hill I ever sow and American was quite ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I played Homecoming and felt it a bit underwhelming. One of the few games I've traded in. Might check this out once it comes down in price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

7/10 from Ps Magazine
    7/10 from Game Informer

i be skipping this but i eager to get my hands on the collection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Sorry should be 50 euro. Not too bothered with the game as the last few were bland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mass effect will prevent me from day one buying it for a while, so in reality ME3 is actaully saving me money if silent hill comes down in price later on ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

I probably will end up buying it when it comes out. I'll be interested to see what they do to the series although I am not quite optimistic.

But still, as a major SH fan I still crave for that experience of wow and wonder I got when playing SH2 (and SH3 to a certain extent) for the first time, as well as being so shocked by the plot twists in it, Shattered Memories was a great step in the right direction for the story imo.

The games that had fewer characters seemed to fair better to me as a gamer, as the characters were developed and actually seemed interesting. I'm just a little skeptical that Downpour has too many random NPC characters in it (like Homecoming) and I can't help but get the feeling that I won't give a rats about them.

I just really hope i'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Xtra vision Phibsboro had this on display with today as the release date. This was confirmed (seemingly) by game on Henry st although 3 other shops told me 30th of this month. Anyone know which I true?

I'll be heading Phibsboro in next hour so will know then n post back. Hope it is today as love this series of games since the first on the PS1.

Can't wait on the HD collection also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Silent Hill's not impressed me over the last long while; this one doesn't look like it'll buck the trend, but it was cool finding out that Daniel Licht (who does the music for Dexter) is doing the OST to this one!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Silent Hill's not impressed me over the last long while; this one doesn't look like it'll buck the trend, but it was cool finding out that Daniel Licht (who does the music for Dexter) is doing the OST to this one!

Really ? I didnt know he done this :pac:

Since the 3rd it is going downhill (hence my excitement for HD collection.

Anyway went to xtra vision and see the covers still have today as release date. Chuffed I head to counter with copy in hand. "that's not released yet" says yer one behind the cointer. I point out handwritten release date on it. "yeah well it wrong it out on 16th". Grrrr

Given this was due out in Sep 11 it better be good when finally released and 100% bug free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Silent Hill goes from the pioneer of the psychological horror genre to day 1 DLC, checkpoint system and BLOODY SCREEN SO REAL. I'll be giving this a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Is the collection out next week too?

efla wrote: »

The collection is out march 30th the same day as downpour. Bit of a stupid move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

review up on monday night for this

havent played a silent hill game for a long time up til i got hold of this at a preview event in october. wasn't impressed at all. hopefully theyve fixed it

Tubbs4 wrote: »

The collection is out march 30th the same day as downpour. Bit of a stupid move.

So Downpour is out 30th? Xtravision said it out next Fri, 16th. Constant delays I find very frustrating. Game better be perfect.

As long as the HD collection is reasonably priced it should be worthwhile. Haven't been impressed at all by Silent Hill since The Room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

so far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Helix wrote: »
    so far so good

so far so good in SH 1 2 3? or so far so good its a bit less shiet then american version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

homecoming filled the void for me so the lesser the score, the more pleasantly surprised I'll likely be. I don't really care who inhabits the place it's more about the place itself so roaming new locations will suit me fine. silent hill 2 was unique and not the template forevermore..

Yamaoka's soundscapes I will miss and Dan Licht, I am not familiar with but I like the thought of organic matter as instruments. the twang of a stretched pancreas or rolling on the skin of a flesh drum with a pair of femurs; more skullbell maybe some dried nutsacks for maracas hope it's this type of thing

Gamespot 75
    game informer 70
    playstation mag 70
    ign 45

The ign review is a big leap from the others

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

such a shame that silent hill 1 is not on this as I think that was by far the best game, 2 was good too but the rest were very average.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ign are on some kind of sensational scoring kick as of late; either it's the worst ever or the greatest. GT are on a "give out for 8 mins but give it a great score" kick, lol

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Gamespot 75
    game informer 70
    playstation mag 70
    ign 45

The ign review is a big leap from the others

Is this for downpour or hd collection?

Is this for downpour or hd collection?

downpour

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ign are on some kind of sensational scoring kick as of late; either it's the worst ever or the greatest. GT are on a "give out for 8 mins but give it a great score" kick, lol

IGN got some great writers in and got rid of a lot of awful writers lately. Most reviews these days are way too lenient so it's nice to see IGN get a whole lot better since the merger with 1up because before that they were an absolute joke. I'd trust IGN more than the other magazines lately and Gametrailers seem to have some very good reviewers these days, they used to be a joke.

Well part 1 is probably THE game that got me into gaming and is still possibly the best game I have ever played. In fact, any time I upgraded a console was to play the next installment.

Parts 2 and 3 were also excellent. The Room was crap and origins was ok but nowhere near as good as the first 3. Homecoming was disappointing and the combat frustrating (that Scarlet bitch took days to beat and many times I almost threw my controller out the window). Haven't played Shattered Memories as no longer have PS2 but did consider buying one just to play it.

I suppose for nostalgia reasons I want Downpour to be as good as the first 3 but it probably won't happen (further to my previous claim by xtra vision GameStop confirmed 30th as release date). I live in hope anyway.

The HD collection should be fantastic and I am very excited about that particular release. If they are both releases on same date it is a very silly move on the developers part.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Karty55

Can anyone actually confirm when the HD collection and Downpour are out?
    For HD collection I have dates saying the 16th,20th,29th and 30th. Downpour is supposedly out today but I honestly don't know, Konami have changed their minds so much its hard to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I think Downpour is out Friday, and the HD collection next Friday. They were both pushed back one week for whatever reason.

Can't confirm, might drop into GAME later and ask :pac:

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I think Downpour is out Friday, and the HD collection next Friday. They were both pushed back one week for whatever reason.

Can't confirm, might drop into GAME later and ask :pac:

As I said 2 posts up 30th is release dates for both games. This was confirmed by GameStop yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Will not be touching Downpour and probably won't ever if i'm being honest. It seems to be an amalgamation of everything that's gone wrong with the series in one game!!

On the other hand I can't wait for the HD collection, it's been too long since I've played through the original 3 and I can't wait to do so on a big ass HD TV with surround sound the way survival horror is meant to be played!!

Advertisement