Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silent hill downpour

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Karty55

SteoL wrote: »
    As I said 2 posts up 30th is release dates for both games. This was confirmed by GameStop yesterday.

Well that sucks. I checked Konamis EU website and they have hd collection set as the 16th but if Gamestop have confirmed it thats it I guess. Its bad enough they are releasing 3 silent hill games in the same month but 2 of them on the same day is a bit much.
    Big Knox wrote: »
    Will not be touching Downpour and probably won't ever if i'm being honest. It seems to be an amalgamation of everything that's gone wrong with the series in one game!!

On the other hand I can't wait for the HD collection, it's been too long since I've played through the original 3 and I can't wait to do so on a big ass HD TV with surround sound the way survival horror is meant to be played!!

The HD collection only has 2 and 3 not 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Karty55 wrote: »

Sorry yeah I should have clarified, I picked up the first one during the week from the PSone classics on PSN so will be playing through that first then onto the HD collection!!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Official Silent Hill Facebook page has the European release date as 29th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

yet another delay when you think the release date is imminent takes it's toll. that initial four month delay was no sweat but.. maybe because you half expect one. gonna be a long two weeks.. what's the issue ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Big Knox wrote: »
    Karty55 wrote: »

Sorry yeah I should have clarified, I picked up the first one during the week from the PSone classics on PSN so will be playing through that first then onto the HD collection!!

How does it look if you DL direct from PSN? I have the PS1 disc still and while it plays it looks very "blocky".

• Advertisement

SteoL wrote: »
    How does it look if you DL direct from PSN? I have the PS1 disc still and while it plays it looks very "blocky".

Downloaded it myslef the other day. It looks pretty awful and blocky alright but i'm liking it. Not really taking away from the experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamesnash.ie are stocking both Downpour (€43.99) and SH Collection (€28.99). I didn;t like 3 too much but 2 was brilliant. Pity SH 1 isn't in the collection.

http://gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58_28&products_id=2314

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

In fairness, launching bricks looks like great craic.

anyone know what gamestop will be charging in store for both? thinking of doing the pre order, 25% extra trade in thing but i want to know if they will be in line with what im expecting. i saw their prices online but im sure its different in store.

• Advertisement

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/silent-hill-downpour-and-hd-collection-technical-gaffes-frustrating-owners/

plagued with issues. Screen tear, pop ups, poor frame rate.. one of the best things about homecoming was how smooth a experience it was. Series in general.. n when I read how a new silent hill release was being patched for such, only for it to turn out to be the HD 'collection' or rather 2 and 3 some old bull**** that never had issues on lesser machines way back when anyhow, I was most disappointed. They at least owe it to us to have it patched on release, here a fortnight after the us release. But be prepared for these shortcomings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

theradbrad is doing a "Let's Play" of downpour at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

LH Pathe wrote: »
    yet another delay when you think the release date is imminent takes it's toll. that initial four month delay was no sweat but.. maybe because you half expect one. gonna be a long two weeks.. what's the issue ffs

you're not missing out on much

Helix wrote: »
    you're not missing out on much

you're not quoting me with much - from a personal perspective, I'm missing out on a lot

so are lots if people but even a brief technical gaffe demo is too much of a spoiler for me, in more ways than one :(

just watched first 3 parts and i already want to stab the fella in the eye socket.... :rolleyes:

if thats lets plays people are going crazy about then **** it, i hate lets plays...

game it selfs looks crap to be honest. i wont even say a thing about visuals. somehow sillent hill 3 looks fantastic compared to this.

you're not quoting me with much - from a personal perspective, I'm missing out on a lot

i doubt your personal perspective will make the game any better to be fair :p

i doubt your personal perspective will make the game any better to be fair :p

Did you played it already? Looks really really bad.

Did you played it already? Looks really really bad.

review should be a few pages back

are you a young practitioner of codology? there was this:
    so far so good

well.. I wouldn't go that far. But then, you've played it, right?! your experience must have vastly deteriorated.. contrary to widespread reports it only improves after dull beginnings.

/link?

are you a young practitioner of codology? there was this:

well.. I wouldn't go that far. But then, you've played it, right?! your experience must have vastly deteriorated.. contrary to widespread reports it only improves after dull beginnings.

/link?

so it turns out i didnt actually post it

my mistake haha

http://www.clickonline.com/games/review--silent-hill-downpour/7915/

• Advertisement

Ok I already read that review the other day. Combat, monsters n technical gaffes are where it really takes a wolloping; says it yerself. I am prepared for that stuff.. not so much the techy issues though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I'm up the part 19 of theradbrad's play through, he only has 27 parts and it ends.

From what I saw there hasn't been a lot of action (although I suppose can be said for all SH games), definitely in the first 10 parts. The exploration is good though, but I can see why it isn't up there with Silent Hill 1/2.

It doesn't deserve a 4.5/10 though, which IGN gave. So far i'd give it a 7.5/10, or as high as 7.8/10.

finished it there.. forgive me for I did not forsee pyramid head and his vast array of sex mannequins complete with emotionally involving characters and clever script being replaced wholesale by a guy in a gas mask n trench with a breezeblock on the end of a stick called the fücking Bogeyman and his vast array of seemingly the same carbon copy clone of J Davis in a kilt for the most part.. this is the sort of absolute nothing plot / inhabitants I never did envisage

The towns alright; the music.. but the monsters and otherworld get cranked up to the point of annoyance. The games alright if it wasn't titled silent hill, and it almost strays enough from that to be justifiable, it'd probably have scored a 7. Or higher, who knows but I have to take into account the back to basics overhaul of a plot, the laughable shìt for enemies I encountered here and their efforts to be weird, resulting in comedy. 6.

I'd still play more though.. cos this genre is severely lacking. Someone do us a port of that alan wake thing. Sequel to forbidden siren, maybe.. damn straws. You clutch at em too long they go to shìt

Advertisement