Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dicey's on a Friday?

Options
  • 08-03-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm wondering what the age is on Friday night in Dicey's on Harcourt Street. Also I've heard a lot of bad press about the place. Can anyone tell me a bit more, I know Monday's are supposed to be good.

EDIT: Also Krystle, also in the Russell Court.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I'm wondering what the age is on Friday night in Dicey's on Harcourt Street.

It is generally agreed that the current age is the 'Information Age', although it can sometimes be referred to as the 'Digital Age'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

during the week the place will be packed because of the cheap drink, unbearably packed imo (showing my age). friday shouldn't be as busy but it's full/over priced drink so it's up to yourself if you think it's worth it.

i don't know what you mean by what age? it's been a loooong time since i've been but there was a good mix of age groups there at the weekend iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JohnnyRainbows

I might as well clear up the age thing, I mean is it 18s, 19s, 21s, 23s or 25s?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Place can be a bit weird with admission. I dont think it has an age limit however sometimes the bouncers say stuff like its parties only or you have to have booked it etc. Usually after a while they relent. Varies depending on the doormen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I might as well clear up the age thing, I mean is it 18s, 19s, 21s, 23s or 25s?

in my experience, all of the above, once your not pished and acting the maggot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

went there with the girlfriend couple of weeks ago bouncers told me we couldnt go in coz its regulars only

i wont be goin back..

pretty annoying tbh walking all the way there from dame street to be given such a stupid reason for refusal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah the door policy is open to the bouncers interpretation. Personally I've never had a problem but I've seen people refused for Converse/being underage/going a group.

Basically if you dress like a teen going on the smash then you can forget about it; they'll find some reason not to let you in.

€4 for all drinks is pretty solid for a Friday in Dublin I think. Yeah you could probably get cheaper if you went to Sub Lounge or wherever but location wise and the fact it has a savage beer garden I think its good value.

I like Diceys but then again I'm probably in the age group that gets the most out of it - 23 young professional type.

Advertisement