Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Octale & Hordak

Options
  • 09-03-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I used to really enjoy listening to their podcast on and off for the last few years. I think they used to be warcraft only way back but when I listened most it was more about a variety of games, technology, american football etc.
    Does anyone know if either of them are involved in any podcasts or shows- would enjoy to listen to something like that when im working.
    Or any other podcasts recommended? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

"The instance"podcast is a great wow podcast, been goin for years now.. Also bring big names in for interviews aswel! Big recommend to those guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sosmyface

Thanks Akarinn, I listened to that once or twice before and I do like it. Just started listening to the lastest one and they said Blizzard cut 600 jobs, 200 of which will be lost in Cork :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

sosmyface wrote: »
    Thanks Akarinn, I listened to that once or twice before and I do like it. Just started listening to the lastest one and they said Blizzard cut 600 jobs, 200 of which will be lost in Cork :eek:

It's sadly true.

I know a fair amount of people who work there, and it's really hit them as a major surprise. Not many people at all were aware this was gonna happen.

/ontopic

For a laugh now and then, I like to listen to the old Blue Plz! podcasts with Totalbiscuit. He's stopped doing WoW based ones now, but a few of his older ones are still quite funny and good the old nostalgia kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I used to listen to the instance among other things. Then I stopped.

Not being big headed/egotistical, but its very much aimed at casual type players. I remember after a few months I found myself constantly shaking my head at some of the stuff said. Especially after Randy Deluxe left.

Good show, well put together, but its a rehash of mmo champ news, and they offer no intricute insight into the game that I'd find beneficial, and most often or not the comments made about raiding etc. can be highly inaccurate or from a casual standpoint.

Its in a similar vain to Towliee's WoW stream, good entertainers, interesting opinions, but poor at the game and get carried by their guilds.

I've watched Towliee for a long time and while entertaining, he is a terribad player, and I cant believe the guy is 7/8 Heroic : /

I actually did a LFR with him over the weekend and will upload to youtube later, interesting to see a "Heroic level Tank" fail so ahrd on impales on Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sosmyface

I listened to the last couple of episodes of the instance and I enjoyed them. The turpster is very funny and witty - I can't imagine what the show would be like without him!

They seem to cover general wow and blizzard news such as the scroll of ressurection, gold account, family vault. I would get bored very quick if they started talking about pve encounters like blue plz used to (since i used to be pvp only).

Another thing I like about it is they dont overload it on the 'drop-ins' like some of the other shows do-which i cant stand.

Oh I also see Octale from Octale and Hordak has now started up his own show on sport at a website called http://www.vtwproductions.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement