Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Thompson router?

• 09-03-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Just got the ultimate 50mb broadband package with UPC(cisco router).

Am I wrong in saying that the ultimate package is supposed to come with the thompson router?

The reception that I am getting from the cisco one is pretty poor(not even getting half the down speed of the wired connection and im only across the hall from the router).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

I'm the same. That router is fairly sh1t alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i upgraded to 50mb from 30mb and they said i had to get the thomson router.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Turn it on/off every week as well if speed really low

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Cheers for the quick responses lads. Will give them a call tomorrow and see what the story is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

UPC now supplying Cisco EPC3925 for faster speeds
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76066482

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

sgarvan wrote: »
    UPC now supplying Cisco EPC3925 for faster speeds
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76066482
    Damn, Thats the one that I got alright. Thanks for saving me the call sgarvan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Connavar wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Just got the ultimate 50mb broadband package with UPC(cisco router).

Am I wrong in saying that the ultimate package is supposed to come with the thompson router?

The reception that I am getting from the cisco one is pretty poor(not even getting half the down speed of the wired connection and im only across the hall from the router).

Thanks

A poor wireless speed might be because somebody is using the same wireless channel living very near to you.

1822852577.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 anxiousone

Hey, I just got upc tv package with a 100 mb speed. Recived a cisco 3925, conected everything as I should.However I get very low and different speeds that goes up and down on different devices. My sgs2 phone sometimes gets the highest (30) Mbs my pc using wireless berly gets 10, sometimes. And when I pluged the ethernet cable just to see what is the maximum speed I can get the result showed 4 Mbs. Tried every solution to fix it nothing helped.Any ideas? Could the router it self be defected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

anxiousone wrote: »
    Hey, I just got upc tv package with a 100 mb speed. Recived a cisco 3925, conected everything as I should.However I get very low and different speeds that goes up and down on different devices. My sgs2 phone sometimes gets the highest (30) Mbs my pc using wireless berly gets 10, sometimes. And when I pluged the ethernet cable just to see what is the maximum speed I can get the result showed 4 Mbs. Tried every solution to fix it nothing helped.Any ideas? Could the router it self be defected?

Use Inssider (http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/) to see what networks are around you and change your modem to a channel that is not used and per Ranicand's post
    Ranicand wrote: »
    A poor wireless speed might be because somebody is using the same wireless channel living very near to you.

1822852577.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Its a pretty crap wireless point overall. If your not in the room with it, its practically useless as its range is amazingly bad. I'm sitting in my bedroom at the moment, with the Cisco box on the 5ghz range and a TPlink router on the 2.4ghz range. I can't even see the Cisco box which has no interference, but I can use the TP with 60dBn of signal. Similar issue with the Cisco box on the 2.4ghz range, but figured it might fair better with nothing to contend with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 anxiousone

sgarvan wrote: »
    anxiousone wrote: »

Use Inssider (http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/) to see what networks are around you and change your modem to a channel that is not used and per Ranicand's post

1822852577.png[/RL]

Will try, but shouldnt I get a full speed on the enthernet cable? I get lower than on wifi, 4 mb

Advertisement