Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Tile to Bath Grout Joint; Best Way to Seal

• 09-03-2012 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I have noticed the the grout where the bathroom tiles meet the bath seems to have developed cracks.

Would anyone have and recommendations about the best way to seal this; I'm thinking about using Silicone, any thoughts???

P1010181.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Silicone. Make sure its cleaned with methalated spirits before applying the silicone. If you mess up the appliaction you can always use a bath seal later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭martin6651

If you decide to use silicone fill the bath before you put silicone into gap that way you get a better seal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Use Tec 7 it cast a little mor than silicone but will never leak very few trades men will use silicone these days, it will peel off just a matter of time.
    If the job was done righi there should be a rubber seal its about 6mm wide behind the bath/tiles so should not leak either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Thanks for all the replies folks.

I'll pick up a tube of the TEC 7 Silicone and seal it up....... I see the where the shower trays also meet the tiles is the same so will use the TEC 7 there too.

Thanks again

Advertisement