Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is China Next?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

China is not a state where there is a large % of Islamic Fundamentalists.

They will not rise up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

patwicklow wrote: »
    它真的會發生 和我說,看這個空間

mao mao diddy mao?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭caoty

Congratulations! Obviously you have graduated from the University of Western Free Propoganda Media with a Bachelor degree.
    patwicklow wrote: »
    Over the course of three short months, popular uprisings have toppled regimes in Tunisia and Egypt, sparked a civil war in Libya and created unrest in other parts of the Middle East. They also have raised a question in many people's minds: Are all authoritarian regimes now threatened by this new democratic wave? In particular, is China, a rising superpower, vulnerable to these forces?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/is-china-next-2011-03-11

The government run news channel in English has IMO fair news coverage about the west. I don't know if the Chinese language news channel is the same.

But I can tell you most Chinese people have insanely idealistic opinions on the west so I suspect they aren't fed much anti-west stuff.
    I would say that the greatest risk to China is the same one that is now affecting the West, limits to growth!

China is fortunate to be a few years behind in this respect, but they are rapidly catching up. There will be difficulties when their demand for resources like oil start to exceed supply, as things are now they are benifiting from the decline in western economic activity and buying up the "spare" oil, that may last for only another two or three years.

The Chinese people have been promised a lot, the government will face real difficulties in maintaining those promises in the future.

Advertisement