Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Drivers = S***e Drivers

Options
  • 09-03-2012 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

I am begining to think that Cork drivers are getting worse and worse by the day...

Has anyone else noticed the amount of muppets on the roads lately.

Only yesterday this lady and her boyfriend hopped into their car which was parked at the side of the road, took off, and there was a car in front of her but she wanted to turn so there was a space to the side just in front of this car (which was fine) she had loadsa room.. She drives on anywho and manages to more or less drive into the side of the other car and didnt even notice. I would say only for the fact the other car was damaged there would have been words, there was a few (from the other driver, she was still happy out) but nothing major.

So that is two marks 1 for being so tarded to not be able to overtake the car, and 2 for being not noticing even in the slightest that she done what she done.

There is also a chap man who drives this white truck, a construction fella and takes off the same time as i do to work. I dont think he has realised there is an excelerator or indicators in the truck.. He speeds up, he slows down like he is about to turn and then doesnt botter, speeds up again...This morning I was behind him in 2nd gear which is bad all the way to work.

I had this lady from across the road, reverse her car back (my car was parked at the side of the road and has bumpers that you could catch but how she managed this still outstands me) and caught the underside of her back wheel onto the bumper of my car and drove on. She knocked on the door to tell me that she burst her type and had to get it repaired, I went to look at my car and I was like mmmm really your worried about your tyre have you seen this..She still didnt get it, thought it was her tyre was the main problem.

And the whole thing with drivers letting other drivers out, I mean tisnt the end of the world if you have to stop to let someone else out...Or let people cross the road, it still amazes me that very few drivers will stop for someone crossing the road even kids..

Tut tut is what I say bad form..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Do NOT get me started!
    Was coming out Ballincollig bypass the other eve, road was completely empty, there was a car coming down the 2nd last slip road, so I pulled in the overtake lane to allow them into the road, but they completely sped up and ended up driving along side me, I was like "what the ****! I'm not trying to overtake you! I was just letting you onto the road!!" if I hadn't moved over we would have collided. So I had to break to let them overtake me from the inside lane (illegal I think!) we had only just come off the bypass and they were turning left! So I had to slow completely down behind them! I was thinking, all that bloody speed to get ahead of me and you were only going a few hundred yards up the road! Muppet!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Milly33 wrote: »
    I am begining to think that Cork drivers are getting worse and worse by the day...

Has anyone else noticed the amount of muppets on the roads lately.

Only yesterday this lady and her boyfriend hopped into their car which was parked at the side of the road, took off, and there was a car in front of her but she wanted to turn so there was a space to the side just in front of this car (which was fine) she had loadsa room.. She drives on anywho and manages to more or less drive into the side of the other car and didnt even notice. I would say only for the fact the other car was damaged there would have been words, there was a few (from the other driver, she was still happy out) but nothing major.

So that is two marks 1 for being so tarded to not be able to overtake the car, and 2 for being not noticing even in the slightest that she done what she done.

There is also a chap man who drives this white truck, a construction fella and takes off the same time as i do to work. I dont think he has realised there is an excelerator or indicators in the truck.. He speeds up, he slows down like he is about to turn and then doesnt botter, speeds up again...This morning I was behind him in 2nd gear which is bad all the way to work.

I had this lady from across the road, reverse her car back (my car was parked at the side of the road and has bumpers that you could catch but how she managed this still outstands me) and caught the underside of her back wheel onto the bumper of my car and drove on. She knocked on the door to tell me that she burst her type and had to get it repaired, I went to look at my car and I was like mmmm really your worried about your tyre have you seen this..She still didnt get it, thought it was her tyre was the main problem.

And the whole thing with drivers letting other drivers out, I mean tisnt the end of the world if you have to stop to let someone else out...Or let people cross the road, it still amazes me that very few drivers will stop for someone crossing the road even kids..

Tut tut is what I say bad form..

Truckers and taxi drivers (all professional drivers) are a law upon themselves. But I have bolded the bits which are the main problem for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yes..it is just Cork drivers...they are sooooo much better elsewhere.

Of course on the motors forum, it is all Irish drivers which are the worst....they are sooooo much better elsewhere.

Drivers everywhere suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

let's try not to have descend into insanity please. by all means discuss bad driving, but leave the gender stereotypes out of it. it'll just turn into a flamewar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

gimmick wrote: »

Truckers and taxi drivers (all professional drivers) are a law upon themselves. But I have bolded the bits which are the main problem for you.
    A man driving a truck is not necessarily a professional driver. And to be honest, I find men on the road worse than women! They are normally too fast, too cocky and think because I am a woman I am the inferior driver...total bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Ludo wrote: »
    Yes..it is just Cork drivers...they are sooooo much better elsewhere.

Of course on the motors forum, it is all Irish drivers which are the worst....they are sooooo much better elsewhere.

Drivers everywhere suck.

So so true.... Doesn't matter where you go.

On the Gender thing, (with apologies to 'DeRanged') generally speaking in my opinion men drive too fast and are too cocky and impatient. Women are less attentive though and seem less aware of their surroundings. BOTH overestimate their own abilities though.. Men and Women as separate Genders definitely seem to have distinctly different driving styles. And both are likely to make a sh ite of things!!

95% of the time it will be a man that lets you pull into a line of traffic. Women seem to prefer to do the whole 'stare straight ahead and pretend I can't see you..' thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

and we're done. Infraction for twowheelsonly for ignoring clear instructions to leave gender stereotyping out of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement