Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AerLingus Sales - Which one and when

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I've just been punching in some random dates into AL (sale!!) & RA for the likes of Malaga & Lanzarote in July & August, midweek travel.

For two adults & two kids + bags you are looking at about €1400 / €1500 which is steep enough

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

Gatica wrote: »
    It's far more likely that it's done on purpose. Saying that a sale ends on Thursday creates a bit of panic and a rush to book by the next Thursday. They don't specify which Thursday because they want that sense of urgency to be there every week that people are booking. It's dishonest, but then what do you expect from airlines who hide every little extra that you need in order to fly, and then bill you separately for it..

I do agree with you - but it does have the opposite effect on regular flyers. The whole boy who cried wolf scenario. I just dont ever believe its "ending thursday" .(though still very annoying)

AL does it it better - they regularly extend their sales, but at least you know that's it!!! (Saying that, they will follow a summer sale, with a june sale, with a spain sale, with a 20% off sale, with a 50% off sale..which probably all amount to the same thing)

that reminds me, Im still waiting to book the return leg of my trip!! (its just so hard to commit to a reasonably priced flight :D . I want better)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

what are the chances of a sale on flights to spain in July/August 2013? are these flights likely to get a sale, considering it is peak season, or is it better to book now? destination is dublin - alicante.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

There will be lots of sales between now and then. There will be Spring Sale/Summer Sale/Spain Sale, a 20% off sale, a 40% off sale, a 39.99 sale....the question is which one to chose. If i were you, id check regularly for sales and wait til a price comes up that seems good!! Id definately not buy now unless the price is 'too good'!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

thanks for the reply. I know that there will be more sales but the only concern I have is that I have heard the months where you will not get sale prices on flights are the peak weeks of July/August, especially to Spain, which is where and when I am going.
    Does anyone know if there is truth in this? Book now or hang on and risk price going up more?

• Advertisement
Advertisement