Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never buy from Expansys!

Options
  • 09-03-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hey,

I bought a phone from Expansys.ie on Wednesday, put my card through all grand and they took the money. Que Thursday morning, and the order status online says "Further information needed: email sent".

Alas, I hadn't gotten an email, so I called them up and they resent it three times over the next few hours, even though I told them there was clearly an error with their email system. "No, no, it's an error on your side.". Three hours later they admit there's an error with their side.

Finally, they accept my proof of address, and their manager ENSURES me my order has gone through and is processed. Then an hour later, I get an email to say my card has been declined by them. Because they've charged me twice for the phone and they don't recall charging the first time.

Sure enough, the manager says she'll sort it out at 4pm, and they close at 6pm. No response that day.

Wake up this morning to an "expired" order, and my money still withdrawn. Call them up and they say they can't do anything because it's my banks fault. I call the bank and they ensure me Expansys have the money.

Dopes :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Noelly wrote: »
    I call the bank and they ensure me Expansys have the money.
    Pay by creditcard? You can do a chargeback to get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

the_syco wrote: »
    Pay by creditcard? You can do a chargeback to get your money back.

Visa! :( I've contacted O2 Money and they gave me an email to send to Expansys which if they signed and sent back, I'd have gotten the money back immediately but unfortunately they wouldn't comply with it! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Visa! :( I've contacted O2 Money and they gave me an email to send to Expansys which if they signed and sent back, I'd have gotten the money back immediately but unfortunately they wouldn't comply with it! :/
    If you tell your bank they are unauthorised transactions they must return the funds to your account while it is sorted out afaik

Absolutely dopes.

On the phone to them all day, fobbed off "There's no manager here", 7 or 8 calls later I'm finally put through to the manager who tells me she won't send a fax to O2 to let me get the money back because "it's not what we do".

20 minutes later on the phone and still no help, all because they're too lazy to send a fax to O2.

O2 told me this is the first time they've heard of such terrible customer service, so bode carefully when purchasing anything from this shambles that they call a business..

Also beware their call centre is deceptive, an 01 number but it's actually in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Absolutely dopes.

On the phone to them all day, fobbed off "There's no manager here", 7 or 8 calls later I'm finally put through to the manager who tells me she won't send a fax to O2 to let me get the money back because "it's not what we do".

20 minutes later on the phone and still no help, all because they're too lazy to send a fax to O2.

O2 told me this is the first time they've heard of such terrible customer service, so bode carefully when purchasing anything from this shambles that they call a business..

Also beware their call centre is deceptive, an 01 number but it's actually in France.

You don't need anything from Expansys, for you to issue a chargeback on your credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Its funny one person has a bad experience with a company goes on the internet to tell everyone not to do business with that compnay because of course the same thing will happen to everyone elase....

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JADMIX

O2 told me this is the first time they've heard of such terrible customer service

Now That is the understatement of the year, POT .... KETTLE !

the reason it is an 01 number is so that you only get charged a local rate.

you have deffo been dealt with badly but i have used expansys a few times and i never had a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

RangeR wrote: »
    You don't need anything from Expansys, for you to issue a chargeback on your credit card.

You need to have at least tried to get the money back through the normal process before issuing a chargeback. You cant just request it without a large amount of evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You need to have at least tried to get the money back through the normal process before issuing a chargeback. You cant just request it without a large amount of evidence.
    There is obviously two charges so claim one is unauthorised which it is or if only one charge just claim it is unauthorised and the money must be refunded within 24-48 hours. It is then up to Expansys to take the matter up with the op.

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

The OP said they paid with an O2 money card which is a prepaid Visa Debit so perhaps the chargeback is less straightforward?

• Advertisement

Yeah I can't do a chargeback, so I've to wait 7-11 days to get my money back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ExpansysIE Customer Service

Hi Noelly

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with Expansys.
    If you could provide us with you order number we would be happy to take a look into the issue for you?

Many Thanks
    Leanne

Expansys IE Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi Expansys

Thanks for getting in touch on Boards. Our policy for commercial representatives requires that you contact the Boards admin team via reps@boards.ie in order to get a representative account.

Please do not post again until this process has been completed.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 18 vidar

I wish I had seen this thread before order of this shower.

Order a phone case in early October, it arrived damaged but they agreed to replace it, near the end of the month (after I went through the returns system) they said they were sending me out a replacement, 8 weeks later and several mails, phone call and even a letter, no response and no replacement product!

Avoid this crowd like the plague

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Aren't there a number of shops in the various towns and cities of Ireland that one can walk into and purchase mobile telephones?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Aren't there a number of shops in the various towns and cities of Ireland that one can walk into and purchase mobile telephones?

Well I know of one Irish Retailer that sells NetFree phones. Not sure if I can advertise it as I work for them.

EDIT : Having said that, I've used Expansys many times. All without issue. Just because you have one issue with a company doesn't mean NOBODY else should do business with them. Bit of an over reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Old thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement