Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everton Away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

RoboClam wrote: »
    That's a very attacking 442 away from home again though. After Arsenal, I can't see us going down that route again. Defoe plays off the last defender and rarely tracks back and Ade is similar, but does pop up in the midfield from time to time. I can't see us playing that way as it would leave us very exposed in the middle.

Tottenham team v Everton: Freidel, Walker, King, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Modric, Parker, Sandro, Bale; Defoe, Adebayor

Shows what I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

RoboClam wrote: »
    Tottenham team v Everton: Freidel, Walker, King, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Modric, Parker, Sandro, Bale; Defoe, Adebayor

Shows what I know!

Yeh well I can give out about HR for alot of things but fair play for going for it. We need a win and he realises our best chance is probably to play our game and not Everton's. Really hope it pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Link anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Jaysus the pace is so slow.

Shocking by Ade to get dispossessed like that by Osman.

• Advertisement

Maybe that will make them wake the fúck up. Ade has been awful, half time can't come soon enough.

Looking back now, I take it all back 4-4-2 is a terrible choice, but what has made it worse is Bale on the right, Modric on the left...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

He has to get Modric central or else we are not getting anything from this. We need a slice of luck I think as confidence is a little bit down. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hopeless so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Genuinely reckon I could have done a better job then Ade today ( that's saying a lot! ) VDV needs to come on and pull something out of the bag or we'll keep playing piss poor like that half was...

Does Ade have something in his contract were he must play every game ?? Every time he plays poor he's left on and looks a player not fit for the P.L.

COYS Big half needed !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Next 45 will be defining to our season, we need to get a point at least. On a side note I was debating about going for a pint later and that 1st half has made my mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

So pissed how do Everton get away with some of the tackles and persistent fouling and yet we get pulled up for everything ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Any links lads?

BBC text commentary has us at 29% possesion so far, is that for real?

Cant remember the last time we had so little of the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

We are so poor from set-pieces it is shocking. Particularly our own attacking set-plays which usually end with a looping off-target header from Kaboul.

Second half seems to have started ok but bale is still on the right?

Come on Saha.

God this just gets worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

We cannot take corners or free kicks.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    God this just gets worse.

We've vastly improved in the second half. Just everyone has lost their shooting boots.

irishmover wrote: »
    We've vastly improved in the second half. Just everyone has lost their shooting boots.

It looks like the team are hungover, Bale has barely had a sniff. You'd swear it was a meaningless mid-table game. Friedel's a spectator.

• Advertisement

Defoe - offside. What a rare occurrence.

Free kicks are fúcking shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Id be very surprised if we kept third place at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Id be very surprised if we kept third place at this stage.
    the way they are going 4th is even in doublt, lose to Chelsea in 2 weeks and they would be at huge risk of not finishing top 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Its true about 4th. Id be tempted to focus on FA cup. Weve just fallen apart in recent weeks.

Well they shown in the second half they do have some fight in them. Even though we lost. We should have had 3 penalties and throughout the game the ref was shocking. Half 5 in the morning here, off to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

If we're going to get CL football next season we will have to do it the hard way now,pressure from now on,typical Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

a season that started with such promise is falling apart, surely finishing top 4 is more important than the cup, keeping Modric and Bale would be so hard without cl action

Huge couple of games coming up now. Wins are needed against Bolton in the cup and Stoke in the league, plus Arsenal have Everton away next week while Chelsea are at City. We need to get the momentum back and the next two weeks are huge.

• Advertisement

Tatical fúck up from the start.

Advertisement