Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permission form from farmers

Options
  • 09-03-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

A friend is planning on gettng a gun licence and needs a form signed by 3 farmers, he's not computer savy and asked me to type one up for him so I was wondering is there a standard format for this form or what should it include.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

First off he only needs 2 permissions for his application so thats a bit of pressure off to get 3. i use this below, short and too the point and leaves no questions to be asked.

To whom it may concern,

I __________, Give ________________of____________________________

Permission to shoot on my land at _________________________________

Which consists of approx__________ acres.

Regards,

(Name)
    (Address)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Thanks for that, he was told he needed 3 by the Guards but sure I can do up 3 and if he only needs 2 it'll be easier to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭RICHIE.39

I only needed one permission for some reason and i just received my licence in the post. Form as above and also i added the landowners contact number in case the guards wanted to confirm permission. i did ask the landowner first if he'd mind me giving the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Doughbag

Regarding the Gardai Form, there is only ONE permission required, but its no harm to have another one or two, just in case.

This is the form for permission, you need to get filled in by a Farmer:
    Permission to shoot .22 caliber rifles on lands.

Name : _______ _____________________________

Address : ______ ____________________________

Phone : ___________________________________________

I hereby give _______________ from ___________________
    permission to shoot on my lands at the above address.
    My lands are used for farming.

Signed : _________________________________

Date : ______________

The form you need for the Gardai you find here: http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/fca1%20firearm%20certificate%20application%5B2%5D.pdf
    It's a PDF file you can use with Acrobate Reader, type in the details and print out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

I believe hey can ask for as many permissions as they like until they fell you have enough land to warrant the firearm; within reason.
    If you have one really large farm, that should enough. However, if they are small, you might need three or more.
    I've always found it easier to give them what they want and more, it makes their life easier and so they get your application done quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

Dont state the type of gun either..

Never know when you could be out with the shotgun/rifle..

Just being nit picky..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Doughbag

aurin07 wrote: »
    Dont state the type of gun either..

Never know when you could be out with the shotgun/rifle..

Just being nit picky..

Good point :)

Advertisement