Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French Groups - Dublin City Centre

• 09-03-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Looking to practice/improve my French!

Using Rosetta Stone at the moment, but ideally I'd like to be meeting up with people once/twice a week and have a chat in French/imporve my French!

Any ideas guys?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

Bonjour, est-ce que vous avez vu qu'il existe Le Club Etudiants à Dublin? voici leur site -
    http://www.afi.ie/fr/le-club-jeune/ - parmi d'autres - vous pouvez également donner rendez-vous à un ou des francophones pour discuter et pour une échange de conversation français/anglais (ou même gaeilge) dans un restaurant français -
    par exemple il y a le blogspot Bonjour Dublin, Les Frères Jacques, The Blackboard Bistro, Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud, Dax Restaurant, La Maison, Chez Max, La Mère Zou etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

franc 91 wrote: »
    Bonjour, est-ce que vous avez vu qu'il existe Le Club Etudiants à Dublin? voici leur site -
    http://www.afi.ie/fr/le-club-jeune/ - parmi d'autres - vous pouvez également donner rendez-vous à un ou des francophones pour discuter et pour une échange de conversation français/anglais (ou même gaeilge) dans un restaurant français -
    par exemple il y a le blogspot Bonjour Dublin, Les Frères Jacques, The Blackboard Bistro, Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud, Dax Restaurant, La Maison, Chez Max, La Mère Zou etc etc

Thanks! But I am at beginner's level (the basics) so i didn't really understand much of that??

Well what I said there wasn't too complicated, I wouldn't have thought so, anyway I asked if you knew that there is a club where young French and Irish people can get together in Dublin - which is the website I've given you (and they have other clubs for those who are interested in cooking or the arts and so on). I then said that you could contact them to get one or a few French speakers to meet with you at a French Restaurant to have a chat or a conversation exchange - just to be in the right atmosphere. Another thing you can look at is the Français Facile website - which I posted up at the begining of this thread.
    Salut
    Franc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

franc 91 wrote: »
    Well what I said there wasn't too complicated, I wouldn't have thought so, anyway I asked if you knew that there is a club where young French and Irish people can get together in Dublin - which is the website I've given you (and they have other clubs for those who are interested in cooking or the arts and so on). I then said that you could contact them to get one or a few French speakers to meet with you at a French Restaurant to have a chat or a conversation exchange - just to be in the right atmosphere. Another thing you can look at is the Français Facile website - which I posted up at the begining of this thread.
    Salut
    Franc

Thanks - much appreciated!

Une excellente initiative, bravo!
    Salut
    Franc

• Advertisement
Advertisement