Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 3D

Options
  • 09-03-2012 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

So who's getting MGS 3D today? Wondering where I should go today to get the best price. I'm also looking for the Hori accessory pack but it's €33.99 on play.com, anyone see it in town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

I'm not buying any more ports unless they are the definitive version on 3DS. I was shocked by the laziness of Konami's attempt, it just reeks of greed. Having said that, it was the best game on the ps2, so you'd have to enjoy it:P

Not a justified port in my eyes. Maybe in 2 years if they release Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater Subsistence 3D i'll consider buying it, but in its current form, i wouldn't pay a tenner for it:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭Nollog

jaydoxx wrote: »
    I'm not buying any more ports unless they are the definitive version on 3DS. I was shocked by the laziness of Konami's attempt, it just reeks of greed. Having said that, it was the best game on the ps2, so you'd have to enjoy it:P

Not a justified port in my eyes. Maybe in 2 years if they release Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater Subsistence 3D i'll consider buying it, but in its current form, i wouldn't pay a tenner for it:P

I think this is the general consensus.
    Also add in the fact Konami shot themselves in their own foot by announcing the "HD Collection".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I think this is the general consensus.
    Also add in the fact Konami shot themselves in their own foot by announcing the "HD Collection".

Exactly. When it was announced I thought I was definitely going to get it, but then when the HD collection came out, and I was able to get it for cheaper than the 3ds port, there was only going to be one winner for my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Good point, I only just considered that... 3 games in hd for less than the price of the 3ds port of mgs3. I still want it though for its unique features; portability, 3d-ified graphics, and secret yoshis to find! :) I think I'll wait for a drop in price first, got too many other games to keep me busy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Wasn't impressed by the demo, very jumpy and awkward controls. Hard to justify with the h.d. collection, and a poor excuse in light of the quality of resident evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,813 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The demo was truely awful. If you are ever looking for an example of how tacked on post production 3D doesn't work, this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I don't remember it being that bad, but maybe I'm just easily pleased. :D the chance to play it on a portable (without having to fork out for a vita) is what drew me in, loved snake eater.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Metal gear is in no way an example of tacked on 3D, if you ever played blazblue you'd take that back in an instant:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I'm so glad I am not the only one who was not impressed with the demo and the fact that the HD collection is coming out too.

Boo to Konami.

New games please!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭Nollog

The really sad thing is, Konami might use this as an excuse not to make new games for the 3DS.

Capcom did something worth buying, people bought it. They want to make more.
    Konami made this ... To Be Continued.

• Advertisement
Advertisement