Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street fighter x Tekken

Options
  • 09-03-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Anyone pick it up yet?

Is it worth getting, I was all for it until I seen that its tag teamed, not sure if I will be a big fan of that.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Reviews have be good so far, with the exception of very mixed reviews of the online netcode.

Bit of controversy surronding it as well. Alot of DLC for it coming out, and all of its already on the disc. Alot of people have strong views on this one way or the other. There is also a least 3 characters exclusive to PS3.

Also the Xbox version had 2 player being able to play online on 1 console as an advertised feature but this feature has been pulled without annoucement, again this has annoyed alot of people and it unclear if its going be fixed. (Doesn't apply to PS3).

Asides from that its getting good word of mouth in terms of gameplay. Its very different to SF4.

Anyway head over to the fightin game forum for more indepth discussion. Big thread on it over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Ah Cool thanks for your help.

I was over there alright but it seems like they are really in to fighter games, I normally play FPS havent pick up a fighting game in a while since the first street fighter 4 came out. Was looking for a non biased review.

Dont know if I wanna splash 60 blips on someth I play once ya know lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

If you're not serious about fighting games then they will always be a bit of a risk because the unless you want to play versus other people all the time there ain't much there.

I would say this is good one if you enjoy fighting games at all and if you want one for a quick go online or a bash when your mates are over. There is chain cancels which means that you can do combos by going from light to heavy without too much practise needed. And between Street Fighter and Tekken there's always some characters people know.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Yeah used to love Tekken back in the day and Street fighter was always fun.

Ah might wait until I see a bit of gameplay footage or a video review to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Yeah used to love Tekken back in the day and Street fighter was always fun.

Ah might wait until I see a bit of gameplay footage or a video review to decide.

Here's a show I like to watch. They are doing the 2v2 mode that Azza mentioned, but it's currently only available on PS3.

Here's a random 8 min video of online matches:

Hope that helps a little. I've heard good things about the game, bar certain net connection issues.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I wanted to get it for ps vita, but was told its not out for ages....

I won't bother with console version as I don't play much on consoles and I don't play fighting games a lot too.

Plus knowing crapcom there is ultimate edition (with 20+ fighters) of it on the disc hidden somewhere....

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Plus knowing crapcom there is ultimate edition (with 20+ fighters) of it on the disc hidden somewhere....

Already confirmed :P

Anyway the fighting game community is having a launch event tomorrow.
    Details here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056570759

Anyone interested in learning to play fighting games properly or just wants to try the game out should come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've been enjoying it so far. Had a few fights on it, but haven't played enough of it to really get buried into it yet. It's a good fun fighter. Easy to pick up and play, if you know your way around a Street Fighter game. Not a big fan of tag-team games myself, but this one works grand, and makes it a lot of fun. I'd recommend it from what I've played, but personally I'll be waiting to pick it up second hand, because the afore-mentioned DLC really annoys me.

Advertisement