Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CUMH??

Options
  • 09-03-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Friends and family have had babies in the other maternity hospitals in cork and nearly all had things taken from their bags. Some were taken by nurses for other women, things like babygros and vests and dummies.
    Has anyone experienced anything taken from them like this in CUMH? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I had my first in St Finbarr's 5 years ago and the nurse asked if she could have a nappy once as the lady was rushed to labour and didn't have all her stuff with her. On my second in CUMH, the lady in the ward with me ran out of baby gros and I gave her one of mine. But other than that I have never heard of nurses taking stuff from bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Had my daughter in the erinville and didn't have anything taken.
    I think it could happen anywhere not just the CUMH. You should be careful with your belongings no matter where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Not anything to do with this but 17yrs ago when I was in the ward after having my oldest daughter, the cleaning ladies would clean around the beds where ladies were sleeping and help themselves surreptitiously to chocs and goodies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

silly wrote: »
    Had my daughter in the erinville and didn't have anything taken.
    I think it could happen anywhere not just the CUMH. You should be careful with your belongings no matter where you are.

Obviously it could happen anywhere. I have heard of lots of stories from other hospitals but don't know many who have given birth in CUMH.
    I asked because if it was common then I would be sure to bring bare minimum amount of things and cheap ones at that. And you do have to leave your bed at some stage so your bags will be unattended.

I know 4 girls who have had babies there in the last 6 weeks and they never mentioned things going missing, I suppose I never asked them really. Am meeting my sister later so will ask her as she had her last child in there.
    I think you can buy little locks to put on your luggage too though, so might be handy to get one of them.

• Advertisement

I know 4 girls who have had babies there in the last 6 weeks and they never mentioned things going missing, I suppose I never asked them really. Am meeting my sister later so will ask her as she had her last child in there.
    I think you can buy little locks to put on your luggage too though, so might be handy to get one of them.

I suppose if it happened to someone they would say it without being asked, so obviously it isnt happpening thank god. That be great if you can ask her, thanks.

Cadyboo wrote: »

I suppose if it happened to someone they would say it without being asked, so obviously it isnt happpening thank god. That be great if you can ask her, thanks.
    She said she didn't have anything stolen, but she did see girls locking their bags, she thought it was a bit much, but I suppose there's no harm in being cautious.

She said she didn't have anything stolen, but she did see girls locking their bags, she thought it was a bit much, but I suppose there's no harm in being cautious.

Thanks for that. I suppose if you have phone and ipod or something it be worth locking. Ill bring a little lock just in case. Thanks again!:D

Advertisement