Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of getting a pet spider

Options
  • 09-03-2012 2:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭

I have always loved spiders, think they are fascinating to watch. So i have been thinking of getting one for a while.

I am just wondering is there many on here that own spiders if so what advice would you give me about

Ideal spider to begin with
    life span
    feeding wise (how often do you feed them and what)
    cost
    enclosure

I am not new to reptiles as i have 2 dragons for over 2 years so keeping their temperature and humidity levels right should be ok.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=825135&postcount=1

Heres a care sheet for Tarantulas.

Advice on what species depends on whether you want to look and not touch or handle them.

Chile Rose is probably the best beginner tarantula but I love the Arboreals.

A Pink Toe would be great as theyre a good deal more active and build fantastic webs in the corner of their cage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

Hellrazer wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=825135&postcount=1

Heres a care sheet for Tarantulas.

Advice on what species depends on whether you want to look and not touch or handle them.

Chile Rose is probably the best beginner tarantula but I love the Arboreals.

A Pink Toe would be great as theyre a good deal more active and build fantastic webs in the corner of their cage.

thank you :D handling wouldnt be a necessity as i think they are fascinating to watch

Advertisement