Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.2 test up.

Options
  • 09-03-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Any1 who has downloaded it. post your impressions here regarding the new skills and possible combinations.
    1. brothers in arms gives a 5% increase to all crew except the commander. All crew must have it .
    2 . sixth sense is handy but after it dissapears you are not sure if you are still visable
    3 intuition works on average in every 4 or 5 attempts meaning you get an instant load from AP to HP if your AP round is already loaded. not really worth it

new map looks interesting. el haluf with loads of buildings.
    new marker replaces OTM
    new voices are very annoying. vehicle spoted . i see one alltough there is an option too use tankers voices by nation which i havnt tried yet.
    new explosions look bad imo but extra fire is nice. less smoke off dead tanks too
    new garage view of your tanks. select by nation which is handy. also shows your which tanks have doubles done.

server is busy now. cant get back in. there was 40k on when i left and it was beginning to lag big time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

Oh thank you good god for the update. So in about three-four weeks we'll have the update for the normal game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Could you explain about the preminotion a little more ?
    why does the icon dissapear ?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Could you explain about the preminotion a little more ?
    why does the icon dissapear ?

it pops up if you are seen by another tank and dissapears after 10 seconds or so, so you are not sure if you are still visible or not by the tank that originally spotted you

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭WilliStrangle

Hmm the T30 seems to be researched for me but I did not have it purchased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

Hmm the T30 seems to be researched for me but I did not have it purchased :)
    Better than nothing.

Mainly been playing the T110 on the test server. It's a nice tank to play noticed however as all USA tanks still a bit soft but the front armour is quite bouncy. Gun seems a bit weak (Avg. pen 269 / Avg. dmg 400 / unless you have a load of Gold shells Avg. pen 381!) but I can live with it as it is now. However overlord said it is being changed :). Overall a nice tank to play.

Vehicle markers are fine, and customisable which is nice. However still prefer the floating numbers on the OTM mod, can see how much dmg was actually done easily.

Current (Active) Skills:
    Sixth Sense - As has been said useful but doesn't let you know if your still spotted. Did however save my skin a few times.
    Deadeye - no idea if its any help as waiting for commanders eagle eye to hit 100% so it becomes active.
    Snapshot, Clutch breaking, smooth ride - effects seem noticeable.

Will update on other skills as and when I use/activate them.
    New garage layout is nice and useful.
    ZZR1100 wrote: »
    new explosions look bad imo but extra fire is nice
    Not noticed the new explosions that much yet but will keep an eye out.

One other thing
    Anyone know what the highlighted crew with triangle is about?
    crew.jpg

• Advertisement

Thats what I've been wondering.
    I have seen a few new explosions and I have to say they are quite nice.
    mostly playing the bat chat (just to try it out) and the T30. T30 does have a very nice gun for its tier now but the reload speed is a massive pain. Also the turret turns like a slug compared to the T34 (premium).

I have had quite a lot of fun with the new training stuffs got my T34 crew with 3 skills on each member. Ultimate loaders :)

The new map I'm quite worried will end up as a new campinovka although its a load of fun shooting m103's running down the hill at your 155mm :).

The T34 is now a great tank. The 120mm in a tier 8 is just brilliant. 1st battle in it killed 6 tanks and got roughly 20k xp

Next tank to get: Hellcat

phil3995 wrote: »
    Vehicle markers are fine, and customisable which is nice. However still prefer the floating numbers on the OTM mod, can see how much dmg was actually done easily.
    Just found if you put the Durability Indicator on it has the dmg done :)
    Thats what I've been wondering.
    I have seen a few new explosions and I have to say they are quite nice.
    mostly playing the bat chat (just to try it out) and the T30. T30 does have a very nice gun for its tier now but the reload speed is a massive pain. Also the turret turns like a slug compared to the T34 (premium).

I have had quite a lot of fun with the new training stuffs got my T34 crew with 3 skills on each member. Ultimate loaders :)

The new map I'm quite worried will end up as a new campinovka although its a load of fun shooting m103's running down the hill at your 155mm :).

The T34 is now a great tank. The 120mm in a tier 8 is just brilliant. 1st battle in it killed 6 tanks and got roughly 20k xp

Next tank to get: Hellcat
    Only had one game in the T34 and I must say it is nice at tier8. Also had one game in the T30 and that was nice to, reload is a big pain and is now also the reload for my T95 :(:( not fair.

Have you played the M103 yet? Not a bad tank same gun as the T110 honestly another nice one to play, just don't be at the front after all it's still a US tank.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the test server has a 10x exp multiplier; so that lowers it to 2k exp; then first victory of the day (as it was the first battle) would put you at 1k exp normalized; that's not exactly outrageously good exp.

Nody wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but the test server has a 10x exp multiplier; so that lowers it to 2k exp; then first victory of the day (as it was the first battle) would put you at 1k exp normalized; that's not exactly outrageously good exp.

Could be 2k as he never said if he won or not, just said first game.

shh :)

anyway was still very fun

• Advertisement

IS7 and IS4 resized. i actually didnt notice this on the test server as i only played the IS7 once. this sceenshot is from the forum. a lot of guys bitching about it.
    IS7 vs Type59

201203092315051.jpg

One other thing
    Anyone know what the highlighted crew with triangle is about?
    crew.jpg
    My bro (kingpondy) stumbled upon the answer, it seems it's to do with accelerated crew training. As we know when it's on the lowest member gets the experience earned in battle toward their training (in the most basic terms). As I estimated guess this seems to indicate the crew member who is getting the experience as when you disable crew training it disappears.
    IS7 and IS4 resized. i actually didnt notice this on the test server as i only played the IS7 once. this sceenshot is from the forum. a lot of guys bitching about it.
    IS7 vs Type59

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=30735
    Completely forgot to check the resizing, could make things interesting.
    Following tanks resized according to historical dimensions: IS-3, IS-4, IS-7, ISU-152, Object 704, S-51

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Moar pictures!
    shot003nw.jpg
    shot003nw.jpg

Guys I am having problems understanding the term ''nerf''. Does it mean to make something better or to make it worse?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

cro_bully wrote: »
    Guys I am having problems understanding the term ''nerf''. Does it mean to make something better or to make it worse?

This is the reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerf

it means to make something weak, much as the childs toy version of something.

Thanks spear and **** you WoT! Don't nerf tier 5's..

before and after.

shot005aa.jpg

201203092315051.jpg

Quite a big difference then.
    But I can't get back on the test server at all, been trying all afternoon while doing a bit of uni work :(

If they are trying to balance the IS series they don't need to they can already take on anyone of their own tier no problem.

If they are trying to balance the IS series they don't need to they can already take on anyone of their own tier no problem.
    They upped the T95s side armor for the same reason and being slightly shorter will not have that much of an impact (if the over all front remains the same).

• Advertisement

They upped the T95s side armor for the same reason and being slightly shorter will not have that much of an impact (if the over all front remains the same).

The T95 shoots slower now however which sucks. The reason is to make them more historically accurate. The only real difference its going to make is you can hide behind smaller rocks now :)

The T95 shoots slower now however which sucks. The reason is to make them more historically accurate. The only real difference its going to make is you can hide behind smaller rocks now :)
    They changed how they displayed the ROF from being with everything (inc. coca cola etc.) to only being with 100% crew (no modifiers).

This is just a quick battle I had with the T30. Shows you the changes with this thing if you can't be bothered to download the wot test. http://www.mediafire.com/?98341eaxvqbmmbs

Victory!
    Battle: Lakeville 11 March 2012 08:14:30
    Vehicle: T30
    Experience received: 3,830 (x2 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 51,889
    Battle Achievements: Sharpshooter, Boelter's Medal, Defender, Top Gun

I changed the values to the real server values

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That replay still needs a 7.2 client to play. If you start it with 7.1 it'll complain about the version, and even if you choose yes to play it anyway, it'll just stop at the login.

oh :(

yep. replays from 7.2 dont work on 7.1 and vice versa, so all your old replays wont play on 7.2. you need to keep a copy of 7.1 to view them after the patch is released

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

also shows your which tanks have doubles done.

this!!!! about fookin time, and tha small is7 looks ridiculous.

any idea when this pach goes live

copeyhagen wrote: »

The first test ends on 13th march but they are probably gonna make the second so around 20th or so :)

copeyhagen wrote: »

the problem is wargaming actually implemented this feature in beta but it wasn't clear what the symbol was. and just to tell you it's that little star in the corner of the tank icon.
    The first test ends on 13th march but they are probably gonna make the second so around 20th or so
    and I hope this is true would be nice to have the T34 for the competition :) (or at least to grind the credits for a tier 8)

• Advertisement

It's possible but I doubt it as after the second test they will do the final tweaks. So as the first ends 13th then they have to make the changes and release the second test then they'll have that active for about a week maybe more. Then any final changes they make so we're looking more toward the very end of the month imo.

So as the comp has already started I doubt you'll be using the T34.

Advertisement