Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.2 test up.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭WilliStrangle

Just a quick review:

New TDs

M8 Scott

After 1 battle with the 50mm and one with the 75mm I have decided this tank is better off with the 75mm.
    This tank features a good gun and turret without losing its speed. But with these advantages come several disadvantages. It's lack of turret turn speed means that the turret itself can't be used effectively and the armour is weak at best. It is at stock a slower version of an elite m5 which is not good. A fully HE gun is your first but if you got the 50mm on the T82 you should be able to mount it straight away.

T49

This tank destroyer is one of the only that gets a full turret. But even with this armour arty shells still one shot you. the gun is good but could be the 76mm on the wolverine to give it some dpm. The armour is typical american: paper thin anything can penetrate you even the MS-1 so leading a charge is not an option. The speed is good but redundant when dueling a stug 3 (nearly same top speed but more maneuverability)

M18 Hellcat

At last the US turreted TDs get good. This tank can go 72kph, faster than some scouts, and still is able to mount the same gun as a slugger. Its armour is poor but with the gun and speed they should be dead before they get a shot in. This tank is quite low leading to decent camo. In my opinion this tank could beat a Slugger in a duel just circle of death them.

T25/2

This tank after the outstanding performance of the M18 is a pain. The performance is horrible until you get the engine, the gun is only a 90mm which compared to the 105mm is bad and the armour is ****. Reload speed not bat though

T28 Prototype

Really can't judge this tank as I haven't got it.

T30

The T30 is good the 155mm matched up against the E-75s and IS-4 does a hell of a lot of damage. The turret turn is reduced but still better than the earlier TDs in this line. The armour, whilst not the worst at this tier, is penetrated easily by tier 6s. The speed is reduced from what it was but still quite good with this gun.

New Heavies

T34

Now a great tank. The gun can take on anything at its tier without a worry (despite the loss of reload speed), the overall speed is good as fast as any other current tier 8 heavy and the turret armour is still massive. Only disadvantages with this tank is the armour on hull (but that was always a problem) and the size.

M103

Not played yet will update when I have an opinion.

T110

The T110 is a good tank with the best reload speed (apart from the autoloading amx) at its tier. The speed whilst lacking a bit is still very good, beating IS-7s. The acceleration is great, one of the best for Tier 10 (apart from france). The amour is a treat. Whilst less than the IS-7 the front can take a beating and the tracks absorb a lot of damage. Paired with the good armour the small size of this tank lead to a good med/heavy tank that can bounce quite a few shots. I have also found that the machine gun on the top of the turret actually has quite a lot of armour it can bounce lots of heavy fire and is very hard to hit (because of its small size)

French nerfs

The french have been nerfed to have less HP (bat chat 1500 amx 13 90 1000 and many more changes) and the reload speed is reduced (but I find the bat chat can still pack a punch).

New Maps

Province

This map is like a cross between el halluf and abbey. The current main tactic is to rush to the enemy cliffs where they can't hit you or to sit up at base camping.

Live Oaks

A good map. The open bases stop anyone from camping whilst the bridge at south creates a good point for TDs. The northen town is the usual place for the heavies as it is the only form of cover for them. there are a few very large ditches on this map as well which create good hiding spots.

Conclusion

A very nice patch with some things the community actually want (unlike the animated birds). The new heavies perform well and are a good replacement for the (much loved by me) T34 and T30. The new TD line disappoints me a little but the top tank and the M18 hellcat are very fun. The new maps are decent but province should be enlarged so that camping is not such a big option. And the French are still OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

Did anyone try t34? I am wondering if it's worth buying, especially after so many nerf posts on forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭WilliStrangle

Yeah the T34 has been made worse than the KV-5 and lowe now imo :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yeah the T34 has been made worse than the KV-5 and lowe now imo :mad:
    Not overly surprising; the T34 is "free" were as they get $ for the premium tanks :/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

So the test should end on the 27th, you never know we may get 7.2 this month...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

phil3995 wrote: »
    So the test should end on the 27th, you never know we may get 7.2 this month...

Highly unlikely.

P.S. Opinion on T34? Anyone. I really would like to know should be hoping or not. And how is the credit income? Can it make 80k profit in a good match?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

cro_bully wrote: »
    Highly unlikely.

P.S. Opinion on T34? Anyone. I really would like to know should be hoping or not. And how is the credit income? Can it make 80k profit in a good match?

i havnt played it myself, but from reading the forums, it started out great in test 1 and has become probably the worst T8 premium on test 3. not sure about credit income.

Advertisement