Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Paypal Merchant best for my needs?

Options
  • 09-03-2012 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

I plan to sell products on my website. Value's range from 15 euro - 150 euro. I may sell 1 or 2 items a week on the website as most of my business is walk in clients to my premises.

I have no facility to accept credit cards at my premises.

Would paypal be most economical option in the short term, say 6 months as a trial. Or should I get card terminal/merchant account from my bank (AIB).

Any advice / suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

I would say paypal, there was a thread on here in the last few days and credit card terminals are not cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EI-666

Thanks,

I do not expect a lot of sales on the website hence thinking of opting for paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Yes it would be paypal .. It takes all forms of payments through the system

Also it can be implemented in less than 60 seconds .. A simple cut and paste job with the html code that gives you the paypal displayed button.
    Or if you have using wordpress or joomla or a cart system its prebuilt into most

Best of luck :D

Thanks,

I will have a go at doing the html over the weekend, get it in place to go online on Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 clairedavies

For convenience paypal is absolutely your best option and you can upscale at any time. It's safe and people recognise it. The fees could be lower but it's worth it. Other options that save money are more difficult to implement and not worth the hassle in savings for a small number of sales.

• Advertisement

Thanks,

Will see how this goes for a few months. I can live with their fees as it's still cheaper than the terminals option.

Advertisement