Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pressure washer hose punctured

• 09-03-2012 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I've got a 2.5hp pressure washer. It hasn't been used in a few months. It however has a pinhole puncture in the hose leading from the pressure washer to the lance. Any idea how i'd mend it? Puncture repair kit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Are you taking the Mickey, Mickey?

Somehow I don't think a patch for a tube is going to stand the psi of a power washer. A new hose is what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

if the hose is of the heavy gauge hydraulic type then it can be cut and a joiner inserted.

for anything less you're probably looking at a new hose.

it's not a lavor superwash 160 by any chance?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Agree with johnboy, take the hose to some machinery dealer near you that does hydraulic fittings. The hose should be repairable with a straight 6mm or 1/4 inch straight joiner. If not then they can make up a new hose from 1/4 inch hydraulic hose, not sure about the price though.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ColmMorrissey

Hi,
    Puncture repair kit wont work. I had to get a replacement hose for mine recently. Got a 6m lenght including fittings for €50 from pirtek in galway. BEWARE. cheap pressure washers can have oddball threaded fittings. be sure to bring your lance or the whole thing to wherever your going theres no such thing as a "standard thread"

Anyone with a small elec power washer, aldi were doing replacement hoses a few weeks ago. Some stores still have a few left

• Advertisement

recently. Got a 6m lenght including fittings for €50 from pirtek in galway.

Thanks for telling us about this place! Never heard of them so googled. They seem to carry all hoses, hydraulic aswel. Good to know ;)

Advertisement