Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maldon sea salt

Options
  • 09-03-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

Ive used up the last of my stash that I picked up in Newry. Does anyone know where I can get this in Kildare. It's not in my local tescos or dunnes. Tried Avoca in Rathcoole to no avail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Superquinn sell it. Normal, smoked and "organic". Organic salt? :pac: Anyway, they sell it, if where you are in Kildare is close to Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Buy the Irish version Atlantic sea salt made on the Beara Peninsula.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Organic salt?
    Yeah, I saw some "organic" sea salt for sale somewhere recently, and it puzzled me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Hate that non-organic salt :-p
    The nearest superquinn near me is portlaoise. Can't believe Avoca didn't have it

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Good Food Gallery in Kilcullen had it the last time I was in. Maybe give them a ring ahead to double check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Thanks will try on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Any health shop would stock them. Saw them yesterday in The Health Store Liffey Valley yesterday. Different packaging though... did they change it? I'm most certain it was Maldon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've gotten it in Superquinn, and possibly also SuperValu. I have the regular in the cupboard near the cooker, and I actually keep the smoked variety on the dining table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I'm sure I saw it in Dunnes last week, on the bottom shelf for some reason. I always thought if they want you to buy something they put it at eye level, maybe they want me to buy Saxa! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Maldon salt in Superquinn today on shelf on top of the salad bar (salads you spoon up & weigh yourself), so pretty much available but not always where you expect it to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Kildare update - They had stacks of it in Swans on the Green in Naas today. Left side of shop above the lemons.

Advertisement