Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rocks /pebbles in a tank

Options
  • 09-03-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

on a shoe string bld any one tell me cheapest and safest option for gravel etc for the bottom of my new tank? or some nice decorative wood...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Go to your nearest beach. You'll get gravel and washed up drift wood. Give them a good wash before adding to the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Go to your nearest beach. You'll get gravel and washed up drift wood. Give them a good wash before adding to the tank.

Don't do this, it's illegal to take sand / gravel from beaches.

A fiver should get you a big band of buildiing sand from garden centre / B&Q / builders providers etc, petstop sell bags of river sand for about the same too

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

I have some spare gravel here which you can have when your picking up the tank Jay.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

top man

Advertisement