Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland New Frontiers Program

Options
  • 09-03-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Hi folks,
    Heard about this in the Irish Times just over a week ago, and was surprised to hear the deadline for applications is next week. The program begins in late March in most of the participating ITs. It's a shame about the notice.

Is anyone applying to it? Being honest with myself I'm probably not going to get enough done on my proposal to have a serious chance at being selected by that deadline, but doing as much as I can on it before then and giving it a shot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

Its basically a redressing of existing supports from what I can see. The Enterprise Platform Programme, which was already run by the ITs, and the CORD Programme, which gave a grant based on your previous years salaries. Enterprise Ireland were slow announcing this new programme, as I know a couple of the ITs have been asking for applications since Christmas.

Would be interested to hear how you get on though! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Thanks Nuttlys. I've done a lot of work on my proposal since and it's actually coming together very well. Seriously bad form for such a late announcement. It's an unfair advantage for those already connected. What's new here though

• Did anyone else get through ? Seems the same as the first stage ??? Same being asked in terms of presentation etc . I got through to the second stage but as I have said seems to be same as the first I'm confused ? Thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

All the IT's had different deadline dates for Phase 2 of the Programme so depending on where you live it'd still be feasible to apply. Plus it's a 6 month programme rather than a year on the older version. You'd need to get in touch with your relevant IT to see where they are in the process of setting up their programme.

Advertisement