Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of 716 visa

Options
  • 09-03-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Anyone know what the overall cost of the visa is. Going with visa first and their price is 5500 for myself and husband and three kids. Would this be about right or can you do it cheaper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭LizOHagan

Hello,

What occupation are you applying under and what element of that cost is going to the visa company and I will tell you if the costs are average.

You can of course apply without the help of a visa agent but if using an agent make sure the individual you will work with is registered with www.mara.gov.au.

Liz

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Hi thanks for reply I'm hairdresser and my husband is an environmental manager don't know what that comes under. He has a job offer in Darwin. Just really want to find the right person and now after googling them they are not getting great reviews. Have seen ur name mention as a go to person.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭LizOHagan

channaigh wrote: »
    Hi thanks for reply I'm hairdresser and my husband is an environmental manager don't know what that comes under. He has a job offer in Darwin. Just really want to find the right person and now after googling them they are not getting great reviews. Have seen ur name mention as a go to person.

I assume if you have been quoted then you know which of you is to be the main applicant and how you sit for points and the timeframes? My concern would be timing and applying before July 1st. I suggest you ask the visa company for a breakdown of the costs so you know what part is compulsory as in the actual visa charges and then the amount payable to the visa agent. I also recommend you seek a written assessment of your eligibility and the process involved. Those two occupations are very different so different processes and therefore different costs and timeframes as well as varied State Sponsorship pathways.

Liz

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

We will be going on his. Do you think we would not be eligible we seem to have enough points. Just thought we'd fill out all paper work and wait didn't even enter my head we wouldn't get it. Have most of documents together so hopefully we will make it b4 deadline. They want 2800 for assessment application so that's for them to look over all the paperwork I suppose. Oh I'm getting confused now what to do.

Advertisement