Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College ireland

Options
  • 09-03-2012 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi everybody,

I am from france and I decided to study in Ireland in order to do a full degree in English Language. Before coming I didn't really know which college to choose in Ireland so I applied for many of them UCD, Trinty, DCU and DBS.

Dublin Business School was the first to answer me and I had a possibility to start in a January intake (2011) which would compact my degree and allow me to do it in 2.1/2 year. ( I'am 25 now)

At the first year we were only 15 students in the classroom, the registration manager told me that the number of people would increase in second year as I would join the normal September intake.

I am now in second year of my degree and I'm quiet doubtful about the quality of lecture given there. also, the attendance is very low which make the motivation to study and the interest even lower.

I applied to transfer my degree in Trinity or UCD for the 3 year, but have been refused.

I decided to force myself and to finish my degree there and then put some cream above the crust by doing a master in another institution (DIT is in my mind for a master in Sustainable Development)

Do you have any recommendation, comments or experience about that, and do you know if the big irish university are "discriminating" DBS' students or if there are possibilities to apply there.

Cheers guys
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

Hiya!

I would say that you were refused a transfer simply because you have applied to the public sector where the places would be very limited. I wouldnt say for definite that its because you applied from DBS. In the universities and DIT they sometimes have to rely on people dropping out before a place comes available and even then they might have some of their own students waiting to move up. DBS students or any other student from a different college probably wouldnt be a priority. I would defo recommend a PG in DIT though - have a few friends there and they love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ch1986

Hiya!

I would say that you were refused a transfer simply because you have applied to the public sector where the places would be very limited. I wouldnt say for definite that its because you applied from DBS. In the universities and DIT they sometimes have to rely on people dropping out before a place comes available and even then they might have some of their own students waiting to move up. DBS students or any other student from a different college probably wouldnt be a priority. I would defo recommend a PG in DIT though - have a few friends there and they love it.

thanks for the reply
    I thought about that, but often I heard quiet negative things about DBS, so I thought those negative comments would also be inter-colleges making the transfer a bit harder from students from DBS. However, I will apply for my master in DIT, they seem to have very good program for a relatively affordable price.

Advertisement