Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqH49BR8g7HGk5IltFWWgauWtmSLplGUaWyddc224hj1ziRlJu9PZnTaXq
    make sure it's a date I can go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

djsim101 wrote: »
    Would love to meet ye guys face to face at some stage but cant see myself making it up to Dublin soon.

Pity now , as I have an weird image of each of ye (long hair, geeky looking)

Kinda like my friend here :D

13zwis.jpg

makes me feel old recognising Dwayne there

makes me feel old recognising Dwayne there
    I thought it was that guy from ANTM
    image.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sera wrote: »
    I thought it was that guy from ANTM
    image.jpg

Dumpable offense?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Dumpable offense?
    I'm allowed away with 1 over bringing you presents, the next one and you can be rid of me then :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Dumpable offense?

And your love of Cho Aniki and Cd-I Zeldas is oh so great for a relationship :rolleyes:

Sparks43 wrote: »
    And your love of Cho Aniki and Cd-I Zeldas is oh so great for a relationship :rolleyes:
    I'm just playing Boulderdash, isn't that weird?

So nice to see a lady with such good taste xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit:Which system/Boulder Dash game?

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Edit:Which system/Boulder Dash game?
    ah the GB one, he definitely doesn't turn into a diamond that's for sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sorry, but Boulder Dash fan talk is not allowed.
    Please take your perversion elsewhere....
    End of line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I'm fully booked the rest of this month alas. Plus it's St George's day April 23rd. :D

Next month is sortofishkindafreemaybe. After that we're heading in to Tokyo territory... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I'm Game, can collect that system from you then Ciderman.......;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm Game, can collect that system from you then Ciderman.......;)

Oh yes..... the SYSTEM...
    I'll just get it from the floor where we were using it as a doorstop and bootscraper!

Right, looks like this is pushed back into May, my boy is making his communion on the 28th and any Beers will have to be post that.
    So, I'm looking at Friday the 12th as a possible night for it, although I am working the next day, I should be able to take a few hours off...
    So, let me know if this suits the majority, I can hide the valuables and we're. hopefully, on!
    There hasn't been a Beers now since before Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I might be able to host one before that. Will get back to you all.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    my boy is making his communion on the 28th and any Beers will have to be post that.
    There hasn't been a Beers now since before Christmas!
    Awh! You'll have to put some photos on FB, he'll look so cute :P
    Well we came over for your birthday in January it was kinda a beers? thought Dinorex had one after it when we started Obscure and was there til 6am.
    Atavan also never came back with my happy meal either!
    DinoRex wrote: »
    I might be able to host one before that. Will get back to you all.
    OBSCURE!!! we can wear our 'don't squeeze me I'll fart' tshirts and be matching :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Atavan also never came back with my happy meal either!

He ate it and tweeted that it was delicious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'm still up for a Dublin pub&retro handholds meet for a change!

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I'm still up for a Dublin pub&retro handholds meet for a change!

Yep. Got to get me some street pass hits on the old 3DS.

He ate it and tweeted that it was delicious
    are you sure it wasn't Bison who ate my happy meal? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

are you sure it wasn't Bison who ate my happy meal? :(

Atavan had to eat your happy meal. They wouldn't serve him anything from the non-kids menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Except Morgans

Chicks, they loves da Nomads...
    tibet-nomads-website.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

DinoRex wrote: »

Yep. Got to get me some street pass hits on the old 3DS.

Was in London over the weekend and got 20+ hits over three days! Even got a Kirby hat through Streetpass Quest.

You know what that means? Olympic beers. Oh yeah.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Won't be able to use the Nomad to pick up loose women now that Sera is on the scene :(

As for the 12th... I'm, eh, playing donkey kong country that night.

????
    12th is out for you?
    How come?

Donkey Kong Country and Goldeneye...

12th should be fine, I just have to double check I don't have a christening that day but if not I'll let you know.

Finally bowing to peer pressure and going Catholic, just so's you can look cool, with your mates on a Sunday... tut tut...

Was in London over the weekend and got 20+ hits over three days! Even got a Kirby hat through Streetpass Quest.

You know what that means? Olympic beers. Oh yeah.

I noticed that Heathrow airport had a Nintendo Zone when I was stuck there recently... It didn't seem to be ready to do anything yet though.

Right I've a 30th on the 28th and the christening is on the 6th so the 12th is fine for me for beers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I can also probably do the 12th

Right, I'll clear it with house management, otherwise know as "She Who Must Be Obeyed", as well known turn of phrase to those Rumpole fans out there, and there must be some....
    I'll confirm in the next few days, when I get her in a good/great mood.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is that the 12th of may as shockingly I might be around that weekend. Seeing some band or other in Dublin.
    I take it I'm guest of honour so

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is that the 12th of may as shockingly I might be around that weekend. Seeing some band or other in Dublin.
    I take it I'm guest of honour so

Oh, there could be many "guests of honour" if the usual last minute cry-offs actually turn up!

Not sure what people can bring, plenty of stuff here already, bring your preferred sticks I guess, look forward to the beat'em up stylings of Dino and his laptop, did we get your X-Arcade controller set up last time?

did we get your X-Arcade controller set up last time?
    I thought we did? we were playing Leprechaun that time
    377458_2889141909136_1277863976_3257438_798041496_n.jpg

Oh yeah, no way we are wasting all that time on that game again!
    Someone will have to trawl through Mame and find a suitably obscure, crap but puzzlingly compulsive to play.... like Boulder Dash, but not as rubbish....

Word of warning, the CDi will make an appearance.

Word of warning, the CDi will make an appearance.

I'm out.

Yeah, if the CDi is coming I won't be able to make it, though I'm hosting!
    Retr0 will have the house to himself!
    Just call me when you've put it away and I'll come home!

• Advertisement

So is this happening on the 12th fo sho?

Looks like it'll be Friday the 11th of May, sorry about the slight change in date, that's also been confirmed by She Who Must Be Obeyed, so we're all good.

I think I can go for that.

11th is a no go for me as my daughters communion is the following day:mad:

Damn, and I was going to pass on that Zelda hat to you too, bugger!

So, the first one falls, who will be next???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

And so it begins...

dominos.jpg

:P

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    And so it begins...

dominos.jpg

:P

Well Andrew, you're making the pilgrimage to north county dublin, aren't you?

Well Andrew, you're making the pilgrimage to north county dublin, aren't you?

Ah but that's not it exactly. You have to say your going, then back out. Need I remind thee of yee olde template?
    The Beer Night Template:

Poster 1 - Beers at Mine, yay!

Poster 2 - Great, I'll be there for 8pm
    Poster 3 - Great, I'll be there for 8pm
    Poster 4 - Great, I'll be there for 8pm
    Poster 5- Great, I'll be there for 8pm
    Poster 6 - Great, I'll be there for 8pm
    Poster 7 - Great, I'll be there for 8pm
    Poster 8 - Great, I'll be there for 8pm

The Beers Night Arrives:

Poster 2 - May not make it, somethings come up
    Poster 3 - I'm out for tonight guys, have fun
    Poster 4 - Forgot about something lads, can't get there
    Poster 5 - I'm working tonight, can't get out of it
    Poster 6 - Argh, I have the flu
    Poster 7 - Possibly may not make it tonight
    Poster 8 - Can't wait! (Likely Atavan)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Aye, according to the BNT law I can't back out until I officially say I'm going.
    Seriously though, I wouldn't mind going actually but it's a fair ole distance away in terms of time and diesel costs unfort. Anytime I gave a lift to that hypster Johnny_U he wouldn't even cough up a few quid towards it, jeans too tight to hold money or something! :P (joking ofc)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Anytime I gave a lift to that hypster Johnny_U he wouldn't even cough up a few quid towards it, jeans too tight to hold money or something! :P (joking ofc)

Obligatory hipster pic of jeans

skinny-jeans.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'll be around the capital that night in varying stages of insobriety so even though I'd love to go, I doubt I should or even could.
    I still reckon it should of been in Limerick area.

Obligatory war zone/ military action pics ensue in 5,4,3,2,

• Advertisement
Advertisement