Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostel / Hotel for Evo Qualifier

Options
  • 09-03-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm making this topic mainly for people who like me, will be travelling long distances for the Evo Qualifier. I will be travelling from Cork, for example.

Anyway, I think it might be a good idea if we were all able to stay in the same place and try to be there the day before the event ( me and few of the other Cork lads did the whole going up to Dublin at stupid o'clock on the Saturday last year, its NOT worth it! )

I'm going to recommend this hostel: http://www.isaacs.ie/Home.aspx

While I wasn't at this hostel myself, several of the other Cork lads were and said it was a nice place. We might also be able to get some casual stations going the night before if we ask nicely. It is also only about 15 minutes from Trinity.

That said, if anyone knows of a better place, be sure to post it here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Yeah let's get it sorted.

I was on http://www.irishrail.ie/ it lists all the times but there's no info on the prices.

I'll probably get the train at 09:30am on the 13th tbh because I want to have a good look around Dublin and HIT THAT ANIME SHOP! Not sure what time i'll get the return train yet.

Yeah Isaacs is really good; Beer garden, cheap beer, nice staff but I won't be staying there this time.

I'm gonna stay here: http://www.hamptonhotel.ie/
    Cheap rooms at the moment:rolleyes:

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I will be getting a lift up myself, so I don't think I'll be staying the night before in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'm personally going to be travelling to and from Dublin using Aircoach, not only is cheaper ( 22 Euro return ) but I personally find their buses a hell of a lot more comfortable than the stiff-impossible-to-get-comfortable-on Irish Rail train seats, I'll probably get either the 11am or 1pm bus when I'm travelling up.

I'll be at the next Tempest so we can get a better idea there of who wants to travel from Cork.

Also, while I'm here, if anyone is actually planning on staying at Issacs or elsewhere, please post in this topic so that I can get idea of who is going to be around to make organizing any possible day before / after casuals easier.

I'm personally going to be travelling to and from Dublin using Aircoach, not only is cheaper ( 22 Euro return )

That's awesome! 22 euro, I'll get that too so. What time you booking yours at?

WasterEx wrote: »
    That's awesome! 22 euro, I'll get that too so. What time you booking yours at?

You can book online if you want but generally speaking, there won't be any problems with you just showing up on the day ( the price will be the same regardless. )

Like I said, It will either be the 11am or 1pm bus I'll take, I'll decide closer to the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

http://www.lidl-breaks.ie/

I was in lidle the other day and saw a poster for this. I just did a search for Friday the 13th (Awesome, I just realised that) April in the search and found a sh1t load of hotels for 39eurons pps. Can't see you doing better than that for a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

I was talking with doom and we were discussing the possibility of getting everybody to stay in the same hotel on the night of the evo qualifiers.

There are too many people who don`t get involved in the community because they live too far, and because they live too far they don`t get the chance to get to know people outisde of the games. This makes me sad because playing games is only one part of our community, the best part is always hanging out and making new friends after the tournament is over.

Last week was so much fun, the day only got started when we all went for food and drinks after the tournament and i think everybody who went home early really missed out, so thats why we are thinking about organising an all night gaming session in a hotel after the evo qualifiers, which will give everybody the oppertunity to hang out, drink, eat and play more games :)

We have already found a hotel around the corner from where the tournament venue is going to be and its perfect for what we had in mind, because not only are we looking to stay in the hotel, we are also looking to have a tournament and stream it too :)

The hotel is 100 euros for a quad room, so it works out at 25 euros each per person per night which is very afordable.

Anyway i just posted this now because i don`t want anybody booking a hotel or hostel when we have this in the works, more details will be announced soon.

chunkis wrote: »
    we are thinking about organising an all night gaming session in a hotel after the evo qualifiers

...surely this would be after the pub?

ayjayirl wrote: »
    ...surely this would be after the pub?

Not everybody in our community is into going to pubs and getting drunk, but everybody will at least go for food. Having a hotel gives people the option to stay as long as they like, they don`t need to run for trains or buses, they can either stay for drinks or go back to the hotel and play games.

I recall you talking about this on Saturday as well and was one of the people who had to leave early owing to the bus. I think it's a great idea actually and would be fully behind it and can easily afford 50 Euro for 2 nights.

HOWEVER and I'm sure you're already aware of this, this isn't something that can be left hanging for too long. I know it's still some time away before the event but the sooner something solid is confirmed, the better. I'm not saying it has to be done this week but no announcements say, 2 weeks or less before the event is gonna make me feel uneasy.

I don't plan on drinking either but I'd still like to hang around for a bit in the pub and then head away to the hotel before Doyler spikes my drink when everyone starts getting too drunk and / or I get bored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to the Evo Qualifiers yet, so I can't throw my name down for bookings. It'll probably be last minute when I do find out if I can go or not, so you should probably make plans without me.

Great post Chunkis. Sounds like a really good idea.:D
    I'm already booked at The Pearse Hotel. Vizardanto is booked there too.
    Think it's like a 10min walk to where the evo quals will be. Quad rooms there are also 100.
    Anyway can we still goto the after evo session if we don't get booked with the hotel you had in mind?

WasterEx wrote: »
    Great post Chunkis. Sounds like a really good idea.:D
    I'm already booked at The Pearse Hotel. Vizardanto is booked there too.
    Think it's like a 10min walk to where the evo quals will be. Quad rooms there are also 100.
    Anyway can we still goto the after evo session if we don't get booked with the hotel you had in mind?

The pearse is actually the same hotel we are going to try and organise the after party at :)

What the latest on this, Chunkis?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm not going to be staying in town myself but it makes sense if you want to stay in Dublin to stay together if possible, could make it a fun night.

Pearse hotel looks reasonable, imo!

Right, who's staying overnight on Friday? Prices for the Pearse Hotel are as follows:

€69 - 2 Person room
    €89 - 3 Person room
    €99 - 4 Person room

I want to book this very soon, so who wants in?

If you know anyone who's interested in staying overnight please let them know about this thread so I can get this sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Interested...

Edit: Friday?

Belay that order.

theenemy194.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If it influences anyone, it's looking more likely we'll be going out on the Sat night now.

If it influences anyone, it's looking more likely we'll be going out on the Sat night now.

Thats ok. Apparently there is a mini tournament in Sai's hotel room Friday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Thats ok. Apparently there is a mini tournament in Sai's hotel room Friday night :D

Skullgirls?

Details plz

• Advertisement

I won't be I'm afraid.
    Thats ok. Apparently there is a mini tournament in Sai's hotel room Friday night
    If I can fill a room then definitely! :D Otherwise I'm just going to stay in a hostel or something. I reckon I'm going to book a place tomorrow morning, so if anyone wants in make yourself known.

Sairus wrote: »
    I won't be I'm afraid.

If I can fill a room then definitely! :D Otherwise I'm just going to stay in a hostel or something. I reckon I'm going to book a place tomorrow morning, so if anyone wants in make yourself known.

Yeah put me down for 2 spots friday night :))) book a quad room, so all you need is 1 more spot and your good to go :))

I'm already booked into Issacs myself for both Friday and Saturday since last week as I said I wasn't comfortable with leaving things till the last minute.

Then everybody decides to book into the hotel at the last minute?

T0ykr.png

Seriously, it's OK, lads. It doesn't matter, I assume there won't be a problem with me hanging out in the hotel room for an hour or 2 on Friday if there is something going on?

I said I wasn't comfortable with leaving things till the last minute.
    Then everybody decides to book into the hotel at the last minute?
    Sairus wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to the Evo Qualifiers yet, so I can't throw my name down for bookings. It'll probably be last minute when I do find out if I can go or not, so you should probably make plans without me.

I gave fair warning of my last minute booking plans :pac:

After checking out Pearse's website I'll probably have to book this tonight as opposed to in the morning. Pearse seems to have a 2 day booking period.
    Last call on anyone who wants in, otherwise I'll just grab the 3 person room?

I know you did Sairus, just the fact others are jumping in with you that irks me, nothing else. :pac:

There has been a development! I have been graciously offered a couch for the night so I won't be taking a room in the hotel - sorry Chunkis!

No pre Evo tournaments I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Im interested in Saturday night.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 supersquaddy

yes, I am interested definately, I am needing somewhere friday and saturday night + I have full setup with me lol

Advertisement