Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top quality stock?

Options
  • 09-03-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi guys,

What is the best quality veg chicken and beef stocks on the market it is for a small food business unfortunetly i dont have the time to make my own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭melatonin

In Fallon and Byrne and the Asian Market you can buy jars of liquid stock, not sure on there quality but probably better than the cubes.

If you need to get cubes just get one with a low salt content, it should say specifically on the front of the packaging thats its low salt

As for the time to make stock, it really is simple and you can make vegetable stock in 40 mins with minimal effort. The recipe for The French Laundry (3 michelin star restaurant) veg stock is basically: Veg in blender + process, into pot add water, bring to simmer + skim for 40 mins. The new michelin star restaurant Ireland, the Cliff House Hotel (i think thats its name), use veg stock for all the dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I started a thread on this a while back (see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75860504) and as melatonin says I think your best bet is make your own.

If you cannot make your own then I tried all the cube stocks I could find and found the low sodium Kallo ones to be by far the best.

Advertisement