Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real time Dublin Bus info - NCD

Options
  • 09-03-2012 7:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭

They've put up a new pole at the bus stop near Murrays in Lusk. There's no digital display up, but the pole looks similar to the ones you see in the city, so I presume real time info is creeping out the suburbs. Anyone know, spotted them elsewhere in NCD?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭golfwallah

Black Oil wrote: »
    They've put up a new pole at the bus stop near Murrays in Lusk. There's no digital display up, but the pole looks similar to the ones you see in the city, so I presume real time info is creeping out the suburbs. Anyone know, spotted them elsewhere in NCD?

See attached link for info: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Real-Time-Passenger-Information-for-Dublin-Bus-services-now-available-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

sure the real time info is wrong at least 50% of the time - more often for some routes. In my experience, all it does is frustrate you even more because you watch the clock more and become more aware of how often your bus is late!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I don't see anything on that link mentioning Fingal, but there is also a new pole outside Fingal CoCo's offices on Dublin St in Swords. Fingers crossed.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There are several displays going into the general Swords area, one in Lusk and one in Rush per this (rather poorly designed map). Zoom in for more precise info.

http://www.transportforireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/DRAFT%20Map%20of%20RTPI%20Dublin%20Bus%20deployment%202011(2).pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I don't see anything on that link mentioning Fingal, but there is also a new pole outside Fingal CoCo's offices on Dublin St in Swords. Fingers crossed.

They really need one on the other side of the road too for northbound busses, the 33 services to the north of the county can be hard to predict times from swords.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks for that. Suppose just one for Lusk is to be expected, really.

Re Swords, I think there are poles on both sides - one at Fingal Co Co and just opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

There was one of these poles put outside Pat's College in Drumcondra in February of last year. It wasn't fitted with the display until at least October. So don't be expecting the one in Lusk to be operational any time soon.

Also if they do pop up in Rush I can't see there being any more than 2. One opposite H block and the other opposite Genoa's

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You can text the bus stop number to 53035 and it will text you the next buses due at the stop,I have found it to be 80% reliable at my bus stop.

Advertisement