Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i change to hungary baby formula

Options
  • 09-03-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all just want to ask those who have a wee bit of experience in this field. My daughter is 16 wks old and has been happy on aptamil 1. She is drinking 4x6oz bottles during the day and one during the night (4am ish). The problem is that the last week or so she is waking twice during the night and appears hungary. I have tried to get her to drink more during the day but she just becomes sick. Should i change her formula, would this be detrimental as i want to hold off a bit longer on weaning her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

What about increasing her to 7-8oz feeds? she shouldn't be draining her bottles, if they are then you need to increase the volume. I'd try that before moving onto hungry milk. Also the hungry milk has a lower percentage of protein, your baby needs protein at this satge and it can also cause constipation. If in doubt consult your PHN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

In my opinion the hungry stuff isn't great... just give him/her more regular stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ROZLYN

Hi frankie1

My little girl and boy were both hungry babies and as they got older needed more to fill them (prior to solids) but with such tiny tummys they can only drink so much. Upon the recommendation of my GP I had to give both babies the hungry baby formula. My husband and I noticed a difference in both the very first night once we started them on it..happy babies and happy parents.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

ROZLYN wrote: »
    Hi frankie1

My little girl and boy were both hungry babies and as they got older needed more to fill them (prior to solids) but with such tiny tummys they can only drink so much. Upon the recommendation of my GP I had to give both babies the hungry baby formula. My husband and I noticed a difference in both the very first night once we started them on it..happy babies and happy parents.

Best of luck with it.

That's interesting, never thought about the tummy size thing. My two are pretty big so capacity was never an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭missis aggie

Hi,
    My daughter went through the same thing around 16 weeks. It lasts for 2 weeks and she went back to her usual sleep pattern. It could be change in sleep parttern or bit of growth spurt. I feed her on demand ( expressed breast milk and formula ) as she knows the best when she need to eat and how much.I wouldn't change the formula just go with it and I would say she be back to normal soon :)
    Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 frankie1

Thanks for all the comments. The little lady has slept from 8pm till 6.30am the last 3 nights so i guess it was probably a growth spurt!:)

Advertisement