Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with display, need advice

Options
  • 09-03-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Just bought a new monitor (Samsung 22"), set up, connected up and booted up and the display seems to be off center about 5mm to the left. adjusting resolution brought the full picture into view but decreased quality and didn fix the problem really.

There seems to be about a 4/5mm black border running down the right of the screen, tried manually adjusting but this either left me lacking full display on right or lacking full display on the left.

Ive also tried updating drivers but it said the were grand. i would post a print screen but it actually shows the full display in the picture. So is this a software issue i can fix or is the dam thing faulty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm not psychic... but, are you connected using a VGA cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Yep, you use a crystal ball or tea leaves?.........but its the blue one, vga, to something like dvi adaptor, this mean anything? vga is the only connection in the back of the monitor.

Ok have done a few things, connecting a reconnecting, changing cable and monitor, adjusting resolution and manually adjusting position, yet the black border remains. have posted pics at this link. pic 502 showing black border as normal after first connecting monitor, 504 showing border and cut off display after adjustment. http://www.flickr.com/photos/69847162@N06/6824293426/in/photostream/

Sorted with the help of yoyo, hes the dude. thanks again man.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Using the VGA cable or switching to a direct DVI link?

• Advertisement
Advertisement