Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aspergers/adhd special needs school

Options
  • 09-03-2012 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

my son is 7, he has adhd and aspergers. we are having a lot of problems in his main stream school can anyone give me advice on special school on the southside of dublin? thanks:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think you will need to talk to his therapists to get a recommendation for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

It might help you to talk to someone in Irish Autism Action, they will be able to advise you on what support you are entitled to and may know of schools in your area that would be good for your son.

http://www.autismireland.ie/

Also you can find our who your local SENO (Special Educational Needs Organiser) is and talk to them about school options for your son.

Best of luck, I really hope you find the help you need.

Advertisement