Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portrait Shoots C&C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

you've got two odd white dots on the last image. Very distracting.. I can see them on the third as well but they're not so bad in that context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

phwoooar..try the hunk in black and white..those muscles would look fab..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

First one is grand for what it is albeit a but typical, but if its a men's health style shot your looking you need to light him up all over. The second one is uninspired lighting and framing and he looks fairly silly to be fair.

The 3rd and 4th are a bit miss to. Apart from the white dots and specks mentioned above, the composition just isnt right in the third one. She's not set properly in the frame whatsoever and the lighting is a bit flat and boring for what looks to be a fairly funky set, you need to be a bit more creative.

The last one had the most potential probably, but the skin colour on her right arm is drastically different to her face and stomach and then again with her left arm. Hard to see at the time I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

On a plus side your model is really doing well - the pose, the look, etc is all great, the colouring and lighting dont do it though. (the male model, sorry, i cant help just looking at that one lol)...The lighting is rather one sided, so monochrome may be the way to go with this to get a better effect. The male models hands seem a little different from the arms tone wise too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I find the eyes in all the shots are lacking some life and sparkle, the models framing/position in all pics seems wrong too...

Pic 4 her arms are chopped off too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

thanks for posting up the pics.. I am studying photographer..but definitely dont have the experience for giving you my opinion( except i agree the top one should definitely be black and white) but its great seeing the critics comments!! really useful and really helping me learn :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

rainyrun wrote: »
    I am studying photographer..but definitely dont have the experience for giving you my opinion, but its great seeing the critics comments!! really useful and really helping me learn :)

These type of studio portraits are far from easy even for experienced photographers that have decided to try their hand at it, I've seen many people work their way up and it takes many go's....

Advertisement