Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inspections blitz in North Kerry

• 09-03-2012 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭

Just to let anyone in N Kerry know there is currently a massive inspection blitz going on for all sections so get up to date with your paperwork, tagging and tidying ASAP. Over 300 targeted apparently and notice given the night before:mad:

The rest of you can relax. We will take the pressure off you all. Again:D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Those bsatards are out to get money everywhere they can, they will take at least 1% off every farmer they go to. It's only a waste of time pretending to be nice to the ****, make it hard for them, appeal it, make formal complaints, write to the ombudsman after complaining.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

5live wrote: »
    Just to let anyone in N Kerry know there is currently a massive inspection blitz going on for all sections so get up to date with your paperwork, tagging and tidying ASAP. Over 300 targeted apparently and notice given the night before:mad:

The rest of you can relax. We will take the pressure off you all. Again:D

Write to Martin Ferris TD, freedom fighter, hero, and gentleman.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

I had an unannounced inspection on one of the herd numbers last week, while I was showing these boys around the phone rang to say there was to be another unannounced inspection one on of the other herd numbers and the inspectors were sitting waiting for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I had an unannounced inspection on one of the herd numbers last week, while I was showing these boys around the phone rang to say there was to be another unannounced inspection one on of the other herd numbers and the inspectors were sitting waiting for me.

Aren't you the lucky man they didn't want to inspect your 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th herd numbers:D

Bizzum wrote: »
    Aren't you the lucky man they didn't want to inspect your 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th herd numbers:D

If I had 10 herd numbers everything would still be perfect:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Well 5live, is it x compliance or cattle or what? Round here last yr they hit a parish, everyone was done.I suppose it was a bit fairer if everyone in an area gets done, there is no one pulling political strings to get off. If you ask any questions the answer will be something like 'Oh it's dublin, the order came down from dublin.' Nearly as bad as fcukin tans.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

blue5000 wrote: »
    Nearly as bad as fcukin tans.
    What about that shower above in Balla...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭MOSSAD

Typical irish fcuking the irish over. Time to get out the pikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Nearly as bad as fcukin tans.
    Only difference is that these are equipped with pencils instead of guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Well 5live, is it x compliance or cattle or what? Round here last yr they hit a parish, everyone was done.I suppose it was a bit fairer if everyone in an area gets done, there is no one pulling political strings to get off. If you ask any questions the answer will be something like 'Oh it's dublin, the order came down from dublin.' Nearly as bad as fcukin tans.
    Everything apparently. Some done for poaching, some for tags some for storage, dirty yards, register etc etc etc etc etc........ Felt sorry for the lads done for poaching. FFS do those tools in charge ever actually go onto a farm to see the problems their harebrained ideas cause. Given the option of poaching a field spreading slurry or letting the tank overflow, What would you do? Either way, you get fined.:mad:

When the revolution comes........:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

Has anyone successfully appealed these 1% fines?

My Uncle got a 1% fine based on not having a calf registered at the time of the inspection.

Toplink wrote: »

My Uncle got a 1% fine based on not having a calf registered at the time of the inspection.

who told them how old the calf was, had it tags on at the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

Only difference is that these are equipped with pencils instead of guns.

The pen is mightier than the sword:o

Calf was tagged. Cert form was filled out but not sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

Write to Martin Ferris TD, freedom fighter, hero, and gentleman.:cool:

.... and convicted gunrunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

Was helping a cousin of mine the other day with a sheep inspection, they called him the friday evening before the inspection on monday morning to have 50 sheep in. They scanned them all with that dildo thing they have and decided to check their mouths also, these ewes are about 4/5 yrs old and were told that, but I over heard them saying them ewes are older than 2:confused: anyone would know by looking at them they were older than 2 and these geniuses had to check their mouths. I found it quite funny to say the least. They then proceeded to check around his house, sheds, and go for a walk up the land to see the rest of the stock that they didnt mention about on the friday before. Agreeing the cousin went with them without hesitation, I know what I would have done with that fu8kin scanner they had and it wouldn;t have been pretty. Nosey, redneck and arrogant imbeciles. I can see one of them being badly hurt or in a bad accident in the near future, not all famers have the same tolerances when it comes to this sort of thing. It's abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

kay 9 wrote: »
    Was helping a cousin of mine the other day with a sheep inspection, they called him the friday evening before the inspection on monday morning to have 50 sheep in. They scanned them all with that dildo thing they have and decided to check their mouths also, these ewes are about 4/5 yrs old and were told that, but I over heard them saying them ewes are older than 2:confused: anyone would know by looking at them they were older than 2 and these geniuses had to check their mouths. I found it quite funny to say the least. They then proceeded to check around his house, sheds, and go for a walk up the land to see the rest of the stock that they didnt mention about on the friday before. Agreeing the cousin went with them without hesitation, I know what I would have done with that fu8kin scanner they had and it wouldn;t have been pretty. Nosey, redneck and arrogant imbeciles. I can see one of them being badly hurt or in a bad accident in the near future, not all famers have the same tolerances when it comes to this sort of thing. It's abuse.
    I might be missing something pretty obvious here but why did they scan the sheep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I might be missing something pretty obvious here but why did they scan the sheep?

Electronic tags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

johngalway wrote: »
    Electronic tags.

I knew well I was wrong!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I knew well I was wrong!!

Saves on the ould biros :D

• Advertisement

Bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Yes they have been appealed sucessfully in cases. You may be able to claim it was an oversight/exceptional event as always registered on time/dog ate my homework. Depending on who oversees the appeal and what pressure they are under from above/mood they are in you may win. Costs nothing to you anyway and keeps them busy (and away from me:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭cjpm

kay 9 wrote: »

:D:D:D

Advertisement