Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Madden Hints and Tips Thread

Options
  • 09-03-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd set this thread up for people to share their hints and tips for Madden.

A few of mine:

Always aim for the corners when punting. A lot of the time people just punt straight down the middle and it is easily fair caught or ran back for a good few yards. If you aim for the corners there's a great chance of hitting it out of bounds for good yards or at the very least not giving away big yards.

If you're facing a 3rd and long, don't always try and throw the ball. The majority of people expect it to come, but a draw play can slice a defence open. Also, when facing a 3rd and forever it's not always worth throwing the ball. A run to pick up a few yards and set yourself up to give your opponent worse field position rather than an incomplete pass and punting from way back works better.

Clock management early on in games is often overlooked by people, but can be a great asset to your game, IMO. The 8 minute quarters do go by relatively quickly, and the play clock does accelerate by 20 seconds at a time, but if you find yourself up by a couple of scores early on it's worth running down the clock a bit too as those seconds burned off the clock could prove vital later on.

Anyway, there's 3 of mine. Feel free to add your own :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Not exactly for here, but does anyone know where i can see what email address is linked to my GT?

Advertisement